mum to chloe Guest

Default Does Naartjie run big?

Hi there,
    We don't have Naatjie in Canada but it's just beautiful! It looks so cute on Maddy. The Arctic (periwinkle) would look amazing on my dark haired honey. I was thinking of placing an order for next summer (hard to resist those sales) but Chloe's pretty small for her age...just wondering if it runs large (I find Gymbo a bit long and quite wide on her).
    Sue

Imperia Guest

Default RE: Does Naartjie run big?

hi Sue!

Thanks so much for the compliments. Maddy is teeny tiny for her age (I find out tomorrow when we go to the ped just how tiny). She can still easily fit in a lot of Gymboree 0-3 stuff at 4 and a half months. To give you an idea at 2 and a half months she weighed all of 9 AND A HALF POUNDS AND WAS ABOUT 21 and a half inches! Most of what I have for her is 3-6 months but its still pretty large. Naartjie tends to run wide in the waist. A lot of moms I know have to buy the bottoms a size smaller. I will say that since most of their clothes are dresses it's easier to get away with not having the exact size and the waistbands all stretch. i would definately buy smaller rather than larger though (unless you use CDs then use your judgement!) And some of their dresses run wider than others, just as some of their capris/leggings/pants run larger than others. You might want to ask the SAs (sales associates) what size they think you should go in in certain pieces--they are SO nice there; I mean the nicest and most helpful CS I have ever experienced. Vicki, the manager at Valley Fair was super as was her staff (mary and Nicole I think?) People also talk about Lynda not sure what store she is at though.

Imperia

mum to chloe Guest

Thank you Imperia!
    That info's great. I'll be sure to call them as I'm mostly interested in a couple of pairs of the poplin fancy pants and a bunch of tops. The waist always seems to be an issue with us. I got her the JF pants at the sale in 12-18 and they're huge, I just switched the flower fields pants out for a 6-9! Chloe's a year and a half old and she's at the 15th percentile for weight and 60th for height...so I'd better get on the phone.
    Thanks again, Sue

heidi_timms Guest

Sue,

Yes the sales associates are really helpful, but they also have a weight chart for their sizing, which is helpful!

~Heidi
    Mom to Kailey Ashlin
    4/27/03

Imperia Guest

Default RE: Does Naartjie run big?--I just wanted to add...

Oh, I wanted to add that the styles at Naartjie are meant to be worn a little big and loose. they are very flowing and airy feeling, if that makes sense. They shouldn't be tight and fitted really in most of their pieces.

Imperia

mum to chloe Guest

Default RE: Does Naartjie run big?--I just wanted to add...

I love the design and how roomy the clothes look....sizing is such an issue though because Chloe's running around now and if the waistband is too big she ends up tripping on her pantlegs!
    Thanks again,
    Sue