Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Samraelanelevi Guest

Default RE: Kerry

I love all your kids names.

When I was pg with Levi we had 2 girls names picked out: Lucy and Quinlan. Of course we ended up with a boy and never got to use either of them. My Delaney now has a doll Lucy and I am keeping Quinlan as a just in case name! You never know what God has in store for my family!?

Maxwell was one of the boy names we picked out when I was pg with Delaney. My best friend was also pg at the time and used Maxwell (my idea) as her little ones middle name (Logan Maxwell).

I have always lvoed Andie for a girl-just couldn't convince dh on any of the formal names-he dated an Andrea once and she was very strange!! LOL.

Well I think everyone here has cute names-unique and popular doesn't matter much. It's the kid who makes the name great!

Mommyto3 Guest

Default RE: Thanks, Everyone! Re: My Girls' Names

My girlfriend just had a baby girl 2wks ago and named her Annelise!! Spelled a little differently than yours...soooo pretty! Actually she changed the spelling THREE times!!! First it was Analyse...then it was Analise...then finally Annelise!!! She was killing me because I had ordered her something personalized for the baby and had to call them twice to change the spelling!! Too funny!!

Anyway, beautiful names on your girls..and I know what you mean about the popularity..When we named Rachel, it was actually in the top 20 on the social security website...but we don't know any other Rachels, so it just isn't that popular in our area...I don't know any Ellas in our area either...Emma is super popular..and much to my dismay, Ava is catching on here..as is Luke!! *sigh* owell..what can you do!!

s_gosney Guest

I always thought that calling a child by both names was a southern thing too, but I really don't know. My MIL pronounces DD's name like it's two words and it drives me and DH insane! Dh's little brother (he's 7) says it that way now too, and we correct him all the time...How hard is it to say "Kylee"...end of rant.

I totally agree on the not having my child ever be called by first name, last initial. My dh's name is John, so he dealt with that his whole life. We wanted something unique, but not too out there. Kylee apparently was fairly popular this year though...I suppose we always have her middle name Makenna to use...

There are lots of good ideas here. I should save this for WAAAY down the road when we're ready for number 2.

iluvmy2boys Guest

I love both of my boys' names... sadly though, Ashton is becoming a popular *GIRL'S* name, and that totally drives me crazy!!!

To me, when I hear the name Ashton, it sounds so masculine, I don't know how people see it on a girl, but that's just me. James is his middle name, for no other reason then we liked the way it sounded with Ashton. I *HATE* it when people try to call him AJ, ICK! :P

Holden's name (the poor child) has a long story behind it... I was 36wks right around April Fool's Day and we hadn't picked out a name yet (we had several on our list though: Connor, Nicholas, Liam, Jackson and Davis) and we were watching an episode of "Friends". At the very end of the episode, Joey is doing a reading for a part in a play (duh) and when asked what his name was he said "My name is Holden, Holden Magroin" (get it, Holding my groin", haha ...

Anyways, we LOVED the name Holden and decided to jokingly tell everyone his name was going to be Holden MaGroin (since it was April Fools)... nobody knew what the middle name was going to be (except us) until after he was born. His middle name is Christopher - which my DH picked out.

What's really funny though is, we didn't want an -in, -en, -on, -an ending name. We didn't want that similar sound as Ashton, HA! Then, we didn't want a long middle name since our last name is longer, and what'd we do? Go and give the child a 3 syllable middle name! LOL Weirdos we are :)

LOVE the baby name dicussion btw!

If we were to ever have more kids, they would be
    Caitlin Marie or Jackson Davis

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9