Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What size socks/shoes does your 6-12 month old baby wear?

I finally figured out what size 7.5-month-old Ishie requires: 3-5 years. Good grief! Is this a predictor of a lifetime of huge feet, or do the sizes just run small? What size does your baby wear?

Default RE: What size socks/shoes does your 6-12 month old baby wear?

I would think that it varies by brand, but my almost-7-month-old wears 6-12 month sized socks.

jubilee Guest

When Logan was about 10-12 months old he wore size 18 in Preschoolians shoes. Now he is a 21- which I think is a bit small.

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At 9 months DS wore a size 5 shoe, and I think his sock from Gap were in the 2-3 year range. He's 3 now and wears a 10 and we buy his socks in the big boy section. It's high average, but not freakishly large by any means.

On the other hand, at 8 1/2 months DD is not quite in a size 2 shoe.

Go figure.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

westchicagomom Guest

Are his feet really 7 inches long? That would be a 3-5 year old's foot size based on this size chart (which is pretty standard).

http://static.zoovy.com/merchant/bob...ing_chart.html

If his feet really are 7 inches long then I would say yes he will probably have really big feet. Are you sure it is not size 3-5 in baby shoes which would make a lot more sense for his age?

My DD who is off-the-charts tall and has proportionately big feet was in a size 4 at that age. At 15 months she is in a 6/6.5 or 22 euro.

ainwonderland Guest

I find socks to run terribly small -- either that or we really shrink them in the wash!

My eight month old Max (24-25lbs -- yes, a big boy) wears a 6-12 month Robeez, I just measured him with a Preschoolian device and he was just into the 20 range and will wear a 12-24 gymboree sock or I can stretch the 3-12 (gap I think) socks onto his feet as well, but with less material it seems like he can "rub" them off easier than a bigger sock.

As a rule of thumb I ALWAYS buy socks a whole size bigger than I think will fit. Like I said I don't know if they shrink in our laundry or what ;-)

My almost 8 month old is outgrowing is 6-12 month socks now. HTH.

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's another thing I was wondering -- if I shrink socks more than usual, or if they run small, or what.

My apologies to everyone who read this: I see now that I said socks/shoes and didn't get specific; must have been in a hurry when I first posted. It's size 3-5 year socks that I have to get for Isaac, and I've found that to be true in several brands; for shoes, he's in 6-12 month Jack and Lily shoes (getting close to outgrowing those lengthwise, and I don't like the fit much -- they leave deep red marks on his ankles), and size 2-4 in Hanna Andersson moccasins.

Pam, I haven't measured his feet in a little while, but I'll try to do that later. Thanks for linking to the chart.

indigo Guest

DD is six months (95th %ile for height, though only 75th for weight) and wears size 12-24 socks from the Gap. The smaller sizes wouldn't stay on at all. I measured her feet according to the Hanna size chart and she was a Euro size 20 (I think that is a US 5). Haven't tried any shoes yet, although the pediatrician says she has "Nordstrom feet" - long and thin! ;0)

indigo
    DD 7/03
    [/url]

westchicagomom Guest

Well I am sure his feet are not 7 inches if you can fit them in 2-4 hanna mocs.

W/ socks I could totally believe he was in a 3-5 years size. Socks seem to vary widely from brand to brand and maybe they do shrink more. I also know in my case, I think they won't fit because they look tiny, but then I put them on her and they stretch a lot.

BTW - it sounds like he has chubby feet or at least ankles. You should try shoo shoos which at least according to what is posted here seem to be better for such feet. They are not as soft a leather as J&L (my favs), but they are comparable in all other ways. There is a co-op link posted somewhere in this forum and I think they will be placing another order sometime in the near future. Shoo shoos also has fleece-lined booties which were only $21 thru the co-op.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast