Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    urbanmama Guest

Default New Board Update

The board is finally ready to go. After I created the board, I asked Maureen (khakismom) to join me as an administrator and Robyn (Avasmama) and Denise (parkersmama) to act as moderators. The four of us have spent the last several days discussing the structure and membership of the board.

We have decided that we will be limiting membership to those individuals who are active and regular posters on Reality Layette only. These people will receive an email shortly. Our intent is not to hurt anyone’s feelings, but we feel that we are creating a board that many of the “regulars� at RL have requested. The board will also be kept very small, by design.

For some, the new board might replace Reality Layette, but others will likely choose to post at both boards. The BBB is a great place and a “home� to many of us.

Best wishes,

Marie (urbanmama)
    Maureen (khakismom)
    Robyn (Avasmama)
    Denise (parkersmama)

brubeck Guest

Default RE: New Board Update

Ummm, how about the regular lurkers who might not post as often as some? :)

How long should we wait to get an email vs. requesting to join?

tribecamom Guest

Default same question here--

I am a regular lurker :)

holliam Guest

Holli

The pp brings up a good point - some of us have new babies and are very active but new.

Is there a time when you'll be adding more people, like those of us with young babies? (We're the ones who'll want to buy all of your old stuff! :) )

Laura
    mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

Well i think that's a shame, b/c a lot of us don't post as much but do use the boards to see the new lines quite a lot. I know i for one just don't have the time to post as much as others.

Amanda

darby24 Guest

While I'm not a regular poster here and not even a regular lurker, I'm disappointed to see the turn the boards have taken in general.

I wish you well on your new board.

While a new board seems to suit your needs for now, another option for the future is a password protected photography only site that you keep small using the criteria of choice. If you give the option to post written conversations, people are going to post. With a picture only site everyone would post in the same spot (example; here), but only the select few get to view your pictures (there). I don't see many people posting in two identical forums for very long (at the beginning yes. 2 months from now? No.)

I could also see a lot less hurt feelings this way.

Just shelling out my opinion although I know it doesn't matter or will affect this in any way.

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I really hope I am invited to join. I know I don't post a ton here but I read it daily, post occasionally, and really enjoy the pics and seeing what you ladies have to say. Please keep me in mind!

iluvmy2boys Guest

thanks for getting this set up girls!!!!

I know it's a lot of work to set up a new board!

vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Marie,

Thanks for all your hard work! It is greatly appreciated.

Veronica
    Mom to Eva
    Born 6-03

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast