Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Any other toddlers is Robeez still?

When Toby reached the top of the 6-12 month size, I thought we were through but he wore them so much I bought the 12-18 month size. When he reached the top of that size, I thought again that we were through. But then, since he wore them lots, I bought the 18-24 months size and now, despite figuring over a year ago that we were reaching the end of the road with them, we have the 2-3 year size! He wears them indoors and outdoors (in dry weather). With socks and without socks. He loves them and asks for them by design (Monkey shooo, Monkey shoo). We have used Stride Rite Walkers and See Kai Runs as well and while he likes them, he picks the Robeez first (if we will let him- have to check the weather). I am curious if others have their running, active 2-3 year olds in these still.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Default RE: Any other toddlers is Robeez still?

DD is 17 months and currently has one pair of 18-24 month Robeez (the horses, because one of my friends thought they were soooo cute he had to get them for her, and she agrees). She wears the suede slippery awfully fast if she wears them frequently, so for every day shoes she wears preschoolians and on the weekends when she only puts on shoes to go out she has stompy shoes, but she wears the Robeez as often as I'll let her, basically.

Our 2 y/o DD still wears her Robeez @ Gymboree for traction. Plus if she doesn't, her socks get SUPER dirty. For the summer she's gone barefoot most of the time since I keep forgetting to put them back in the car after washing them but during the winter she really loved wearing the fleece-lined Robeez boots.

There was a local consignment store that was clearancing their new Robeez so I stocked up for next DC (no, we're not even TTC yet :P) and I'm still debating trading them in @ Nordstrom for the toddler sizes for DD.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Benjamin still wears his on the weekend, and he's 3. He doesn't usually wear them to school b/c he likes his school shoes (ecco boots).

DS is 21 mos. and usually is barefoot in the house (it's been so hot here!). I was just considering getting some for indoor use though, particularly given upcoming fall and winter. We aren't really a shoes-in-the-house family and socks are just too slippery for DS. I guess they are like his house-slippers, in a way.

Of course, since I think they are absolutely adorable, I would have no problem with him wearing them out, especially if we were going to be shopping (in a cart) or there wasn't much walking. If we plan on walking on rough surfaces, then he would wear his SR sandals or sneakers. Just bought the cutest blue suede sneaks for fall!

Maryann
    Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
    AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

yup. soph has two pair that she wears all the time as slippers.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

He hasn't worn them so much in the summer, but I plan to wear them on ds as slippers when it gets cooler.

Linda

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040428/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

lisa56308 Guest

Tyler still wears his Shooshoos around the house as slippers. He's got chubby feet and these have always fit him better. I'll be sad when he grows out of them because they don't go bigger than 18-24 mos. He absolutely loves the little cowboy boots with fringe.
    Lisa
    Jacob 6/95
    Tyler 10/03

Kaleb is 3.5 and still wears his. He wore them last winter as slippers and probably will again this year. Since it's summer he's usually bare-foot in the house but uses them as "organ shoes" for his organ lessons!

He has worn regular shoes and sandals for outside since he started walking at 10 months.

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sarah loves slippers (and shoes, generally), so in warmer weather she wears Robeez sans socks around the house, and even to bed!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast