Default OT: How do Keen shoes fit? Best place to buy?

Do they run big or small, or pretty true to size? I generally wear a 7.5M. I am going to a conference in Orlando next month that will involve a lot of walking and I am thinking I need a new comfy pair of shoes. I have been looking at the Keen Sydney Mary Janes. Does anyone own a pair? How do you like them?

It looks like shoes.com has the best price at $79.99 plus 20% off for using Visa, but alas, they don't have my size! Any other deals that good right now?
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

Ksinglet Guest

Default RE: OT: How do Keen shoes fit? Best place to buy?

I have a pair of Santa Cruz clogs. I had to go one half size up. I originally bought my size and after wearing them one day I knew they weren't going to work out. I exchanged them and now am very happy with one half size up. I got mine for about $50 at Nordstrom Rack but that place is hit or miss. They did have a wide selection of them there.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a pair, as does my son. I found that they ran true-to-size in length, but they do run very wide, especially in the toe box. I have a narrow foot as it is, so only the sneaker styles work for me -- the MJ's are too wide and gap too much when I walk. The best way to find out if they will work for you is to go try some on. If you are looking for a really comfy walking shoe, I'd recommend a pair of Danskos. There is a reason why chefs and medical professionals wear them!
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

audball Guest

Unfortunately, I have found that correct sizing really depends on the style of shoe. I have almost all of them- LOL! In the Newport and the Santa Cruz, I'm a 7, but in the others (Trinidad, Seattle Mary Jane, Boston Chukka) I'm a 7.5. I consider myself a 7.5. So I would say, you would be safe getting it true to size, but just make sure there is a decent return policy at the place of purchase.

I bought most of mine from REI, but zappos.com occasionally has them on sale.

Man, this just made me realize I should get some different shoes!

Thanks everyone for the tips! I have relatively narrow feet, so I probably better head to Nordstrom and try some on before I settle on a style. I really like the Danskos, too, but wow, they are spendy! I'll keep my eyes open for them as I shop. We don't leave until 11/9 or so, but I want to wear them for a bit before hand to make sure they will work.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

sierratradingpost.com has some good deals on Keen shoes now.
    Just received these in the mail for my son:
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/...qx/product.htm
    Heather

knaidel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Danskos are pricey. I think MarisaSF told me about this site:
    danskooutlet.com

The shoes have cosmetic flaws,not quality issues.

tax deduction #1: 12/04
    tax deduction #2: 11/07
    tax deduction #3: 11/12