BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Any point in getting SKR for non walkers?

DS is 6 mo, and I'll admit that I'm sucked in by how cute the SKR are. Is it silly to get these shoes for him if he isn't walking?

snowangel Guest

Default RE: Any point in getting SKR for non walkers?

One word. YES! Enjoy the land of soft soled shoes for your little guy! Shoo shoos is going out of business and having a HUGE sale right now. Cute Baby Shoes are well CUTE! Pedipeds, Robeez, Bobux. Ahhhhh, so many cute shoes, so little time!

They can't wear soft soles forever, so ENJOY!

swampus Guest

My dd is 2 1/2 years old and is wearing size 7 in SKR right now (more like a 7.5 in Stride Rite). So you'll have plenty of time to put your little guy in them.

These are "real" shoes in that the sole remains rigid -- flexible when walking, yes, but I wouldn't consider these "soft soled."

Your little one would probably look kind of clunky wearing them. I'd probably stick to Robeez, et al.

They ARE super cute, but impress all your baby-havin' friends with giving them as gifts for now. ;)

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think SKR will be too heavy for non walkers. DS is 2.5 years and we just love SKR, but he was in those suede soled shoes until 1.5 years old, wearing it inside & outside. I am drooling over some ShooShoos, but unfortunately DS has outgrown them, even for slippers... sigh....

Plenty of time for SKR unless his feet are very large! LOL

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03