Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bluevie Guest

Default Just wondering...whats so spectacular about Hanna Anderson clothes?

I keep seeing threads on this brand and I've never owned anything from them so I was wondering what everyone loves about the brand? The style doesnt seem too out of the ordinary to me to be so pricy. Is there something I'm missing? TIA.

Kim

Default RE: Just wondering...whats so spectacular about Hanna Anderson clothes?

I don't get it either. :)

We have owned some pieces from there, they're good enough, but some of the stuff people **really** like from there completely escapes me...

manatee Guest

I've never owned anything from Hanna Anderson and would love to hear everyone's opinion regarding the positives of this brand. Would love to try out a few pieces!

May_Flowers Guest

I like the quality of the cotton and details like flat lock seams ect. The clothes take a beating and still look great. And I like the bright, fun, and childish styles. Some of the stuff is too loud and over the top for me, but there is a lot I love. I do not buy full price though. That is too expensive for me. Another plus too them is that they fit for a long time. Much longer than other brands.

I have only bought hanna off of e-bay or the bbb swap. I have bought a playdress and leggings, wiggle pants and a few zippers. The clothes are really soft and I think are really comfy for Jillian but would I pay full price for the clothing, absolutely not. The clothing styles I really don't like but the PJs I do like.

Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

We have a store here, so i frequently look around, but the only thing i'm obsessed with is their zipper PJs. They are so soft and high quality, don't fade or shrink or pill, and have flatlock seams. I get them on sale for $28, which is still pricy for PJs, but i only have a couple of pairs of each size.

i find their boy stuff to be too cutsey as i prefer a more masculine style for my son, but i am expecting a girl soon and might have to get some of their cute girl stuff. I LOVE that red christmas dress everyone has!

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When Hanna goes on sale I suggest you buy one piece. The zippers are so soft. If you have a girl, try the play dress. It is my grand daughter's favorite.She will reach for it every time. I never buy it at full price though.There is a sale coming up in June and it seems they mark it down regularly from there until the fall line comes out.

Well, it's not true of every Hanna piece, but I've become a Hanna fan because of the long life of the clothes.

I spent some time yesterday organizing storage bins of clothes that my 4 year old has outgrown, and trying to decide what to keep for her younger sister. Virtually all of the Hanna pieces that she had were still in very good shape, with little fading or pilling or other signs of wear, and she's pretty rough on clothes. All of the zippers from her infant days are super soft and look great, even after being worn a LOT by two kids - and washed a lot (and not always carefully). The other clothes that I've bought from Lands'End, or Target, or Gap, haven't held up nearly as well. And my DD, who has some sensory issues and is very picky about clothes, will often choose Hannas from her closet before other things. So I think they probably really are most comfortable for her.

That said, I do think some of the prices are silly. I'm not too far from an outlet, and I purchase the majority of our Hannas there. I can't justify paying full price for long/short johns, even though I love them.

I don't think everything that HA sells is wonderful, but the basics - the underwear, the zippers, the playdresses - have held up very well for us, and even when both of my girls are finished with them, I can resell them on swap or eBay quite easily. So that justifies the investment for me.

nitaghei Guest

Count me as one customer who is underwhelmed by Hanna. I fell for the hype - about how they last, don't pill, wash wonderfully etc etc. That has not been my experience. Other than the hats, and one set, everything I bought for DS looked trashed after a few weeks. At least for me, Hanna wore no better than Target stuff, and much, much worse than LL Bean or Lands End or Naartjie. The Hannas are somewhat softer than LE stuff, but I didn't find any appreciable difference between Hanna and LL Bean shirts, at least for boys. Certainly not enough to justify the difference in prices. And the LL Bean shirts really washed well.

Hanna does have excellent customer service, no doubt about that. They refunded me the purchase price on the items I was unhappy with, no questions asked. But it's no better than LL Bean or LE. And Bean and LE prices are a LOT better.

I do like Hanna sunhats a lot. They are comfortable, and do a really good job shading. I've tried a lot of other hats for DS, and Hanna hats are hands down the best.

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Moderation is best in all things." Hesiod

holliam Guest

Well, I tried a ton of different brands at first to narrow down what I liked. Reliably, Hanna were the outfits that DH and I reached for first. So, I've accepted that I really love them. Of course, we also like LE, LLBean, Naartjie, Keedo, Pumpkin Patch, and assorted pieces from Target, JCPenney, etc.

But, I like that the pajamas are available in organic cotton. I know some people think it's ridiculous to spend money on pajamas, but infants and toddlers spend more hours sleeping than anything else. Why would I want to put nice clothes on her to leave the house and not to be comfy while sleeping? Seemed like an easy decision! I refuse to buy flame-retardant pajamas so I do not have a lot of options.

The colors are just fabulous for DD's coloring. There are no commercial characters, inappropriate sayings, or just overall cheesiness.

The styles fit her very well.

So, yea, I love Hanna, but they are not the only brand out there. We do not plan on having anymore infants so we are passing ours on to friends, and I expect these clothes to do the round through our playgroup many times!

Holli

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast