Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jess_g is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Can someone tell me about socks?

Most of my kids socks come from Target in the 6 or 10 packs. They are cheap but they seam to shrink a lot and always end up being too small for them. They are a pain to put on my 6 year old and I am looking for some other options. I have never bought socks from the gap or the childrens place or stores like that. Are there socks any better? There must be something better out there. I am not looking for anything fancy just something that will keep its shape and not keep shrinking.

Thanks,

Jessica.

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Can someone tell me about socks?

My niece recommended Old Navy socks to me and I have loads of them. They do shrink up a litte after a few washed, so I just buy a size up and run them thru a few times. Decent price at 8 pairs for $10. Gymboree socks I have bought in the past have been great, but they are thicker than Old Navy, not so great for the summer, but I plan to eat the price and get my boys some for the winter, I have found I really like them the best for thicker socks.

Samantha
    Noah and Jonas
    9 month old twins

My kids don't like Gymboree socks because they aren't as stretchy, so they are harder for them to get on by themselves. We had tons of Old Navy ones when they were babies and toddlers. They aren't real stretchy (at least not when we were buying them), but were okay and I liked that they had the rubber writing on the soles. Gap ones are good. My dd's favorites are Naartjie because they are thin and stretchy. TCP ones are fine also.

If you are looking for patterned socks, those type of Gymbo ones seem fine. It's the solid thicker ones that my kids find difficult.

HTH ~

Janice
    dd 10-99
    ds 4-02

I love Gap socks. Old Navy socks were thinner and tended to shrink.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I confess that I love the sport socks from Gap. Nate has 5-6 pairs and he has been wearing them for almost a year. I also have had good luck with the 3-packs from K-Mart (Wonder Kids).
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My favorites are Gymboree. They are thick, don't lose or change shape and keep their elastic. I've tried ON, Gap, Naartjie and Nordy's and Gymbo are my favorites.

kboyle Guest

i'm a gap sport sock fan too, really I am :) i wear a sz 6 wm shoe and the xl or xxl boys socks are AWESOME!!

oh, and charlie likes them in his size too, he thinks it cool to have matching socks with mommy!

dules Guest

Jana, the basics or the patterned/ones with bows? I can never choose at Gymboree! Also, have you tried their knee socks?

Best,
    Mary

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hey Mary, we have both. They're both good, but the basics ones are a bit thicker and I assume more durable. Although Fia hasn't put socks on since June, so we really haven't put the bow ones to the test. The colors often match Naartjie and Hanna, so they work for us. I haven't tried their knee socks, though.

starrynight Guest

The only girls socks I like are jcpenny(okie dokie) and boys keds (which I can't seem to find anymore) fruit of a loom or hanes. Old Navy socks are horrible shrink all the time, target not much better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast