DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Do you buy Land's end at Sears or through the catalog?

Hi, based on the recommendations here, I'm going to buy a fleece jacket for DS for this winter (Land's end seems like the fav). Do you guys get them from the catalog or the Sear's stores? Is there any difference in price, selection, or quality? If not, seems easier to go to the store and not pay s/h as well.

Thanks,
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Do you buy Land's end at Sears or through the catalog?

I've always just ordered online. I got my DS a nice fleece jacket from their overstocks page for only 16.99. It's hooded and seems nice and warm. Shipping does stink though. Once you order though, if you have to exchange anything, you get free shipping on the subsequent order, FYI. HTH a little!

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can rarely find LE things at Sear's. THe first year they had everything, it seemed, then no one in my area had the infant & toddler items. Now Ds is into their boy and the selection is still *very* limited.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Thanks, that I may call ahead to save me a trip. Seems like once you go into the mall, you end up burning a lot of time just getting there. I haven't ordered from them in a reallly long time. Do they have shipping deals usually?

Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

If you live near a Sears that has a Lands End Shop in it they will order anything they don't have in stock and ship it to you free. Here is the link to see which Sears have these:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/landing/0...84367390199900

The website says free shipping is only on full price stuff, but I got one full price item (diaper bag) and a bunch of overstock stuff and they shipped it all free.

Shelly

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I *think* Sears only carries LE from toddlers up. Even then it's fairly limited, at least it is at our Sears and they have one of those very large departments dedicated to Land's End.

tigeratty Guest

We have the fleece jacket mentioned above and ordered the same in the next size from the overstocks. Their fleece is the real polartech, it washes great and doesn't pill as much as others. I would even pay full price for it, and I am cheap! It does run small as does most of their toddler stuff.

I wish I could find more LE stuff to buy at Sears. On a recent trip to Chicago, I happening in to Sears on State St. and made a haul of marked down LE stuff for moi. Couldn't find any kids stuff, though.

Thanks moms for all the great tips. Sounds like Sears isn't the place to get LE. It's a shame b/c they have acquired a solid brand with a good following and should take advantage of it. But it sounds like it's worth it to get the real thing at LE, esp. since he'll be wearing it all the time. I will definitely check the overstocks page and the tip about ordering instore is great. Thanks alot!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD