Default FL Mommies - What do you buy for Fall/Winter?

We haven't been here long enough to know what Fall/Winter is really like. We moved here at the end of February last year and it was really warm to us! In the 70s as opposed to the 30s and snowing where we moved from! So, what does your child need for the Fall/Winter? I am sure it must get chilly, but really, I can't see bundling DD up in heavy winter coats and such.

TIA!

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: FL Mommies - What do you buy for Fall/Winter?

Where in FL are you? I lived in Central FL for a few years and you just need a moderately warm jacket/coat. Being from the Northeast, I don't think DH and I ever wore hats or gloves, but lots of natives did. I did wear a scarf with a lighter jacket sometimes. For a little one, you might want light hats and gloves and maybe a thin scarf. It depends on where you live though. :)

I'm in central Florida too! I am also from the Northeast so I found it funny when we first got down here and people were looking bundled up. It seemed like flip flop weather to me!

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DH used to walk the dog in shorts and see people out in full winter gear - parka, hat, scarf, gloves. Granted, it was in the 50s, so shorts were a little out of season too, but that's my DH. ;) It's such a difference down there, but when we moved back up, we froze our butts off! Enjoy your mild winter down there!