Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default If you did hannas with your newborn, when did they fit?

We didn't start w/ any Hanna for DS until he was in 70s for the most part. This time around I've stocked up on some bigger sized things from ebay and consignment shops recently, and I have one or two sleepers in 50.

I was originally thinking of doing a zipper plus a cardigan, cable knit pilot cap or regular pilot cap, and mocs as a going home outfit. At least one or two people mentioned their little ones swam in 50s initially.

DS wasn't especially big but wasn't tiny. He was born 6 days before my EDD and was 8lbs 4oz. He wore the only newborn outfit he received at my shower home from the hospital, but I think it literally only fit for a day or two (went to 8lbs I believe).

I guess I need to rethink the going home outfit plans...I'm not one to buy anything extraordinarily precious or special, but I would like a cute little outfit for photos, and something that can be worn several times.

Just curious when your newborn was able to fit into 50s without looking silly :)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

dules Guest

Default RE: If you did hannas with your newborn, when did they fit?

DD was 18 1/2 inches, 6 lbs 11 oz and the 50 Zipper was swimming on her until about 4 weeks of age. We also had a 60 zipper and that fit from about 3-6 months, maybe a bit less because of cloth diapers.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd stick with jeepers and wiggle pants or snapsuits at first because I hated the way that the top of the zipper dug into DD's newborn neck. I even called Hanna to suggest they add a "keeper" to the 50 and 60 sizes.

We got the most use out of the First Socks, wiggle pants/jeepers and opposite stripe baby set (LOVED this on a newborn - young infant with a onesie underneath) and the fleece jackets (both the lighter embroidered kind and Little Bear Sherpa). We received the beautiful bunting bag as a gift and we could never wrangle DD into the carseat in it - we kept losing track of her arms, lol.

Enjoy shopping for your baby girl! :)

Best,
    Mary

My son was 9lb, 1oz and 21.5" and a 50 romper fit him this summer w/o looking too big. Winter clothes would be a little more difficult w/ long legs/sleeves so those might be too big for a newborn.

I've really been happy w/ the romper -- the only item we got in a 50.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS2 wore his 50 zippers in the hospital when I was readmitted (so in his first week). He was 8lbs, 6oz and 21" at birth.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

wagner36 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD grew out of her 50's pretty quickly, but she's a fairly big baby. She is now 4.5 months and about to move into 70's. Zippers are still okay in 60's, but the cuffs are unrolled. The sleeves are too short on her 60 sweater.

She had one or two 50 zippers and I bet she stopped wearing them at 6 or 8 weeks?

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We didn't have little zippers with DD#1, but DD#2 was 6 lbs. 14 oz. and 19" at birth, and the 50 zippers fit her until she was about 3 months and 22" (approx. 11 lbs.). She is now 13 lbs. and about 24", and 60 zippers are still huge on her. HTH!

DD #1 (2/03)
    DD #2 (3/06)

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Benjamin was 7 lbs 7 ounces and the 50 zippers and cardigan were too big. He is 5 mos and still wearing 50 zippers. He is 50% for weight and 75ish% for length. I have issues with the zippers poking him too.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    & Benjamin 3/24/06

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

As always, you mamas always have the answers I need :) Thanks!

I'll definitely pick up another outfit or two in that case. I never thought about the zippers poking...DS's first zipper was a 70 I believe, so we skipped using them during the no-neck stage entirely. I appreciate the tip :) I have 2 zippers in 50 but I don't think I'll buy anymore at this point until I see how they fit.

now to decide what other brands of sleepers to look at. Suggestions welcome for something unique but not to frou frou and not crazy expensive :)

I have a zutano sleeper or two...maybe I'll scope more of their stuff out :)

thanks a million.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ishy was 9 lbs. 9 oz when he was born, and the 60 onesie he had received as a gift definitely fit by the time he was a week old. (I have a photo of him in it at that age.) I doubt a 50 would have fit him as a newborn.

BaileyBea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hey Beth,

I think we have a similar Hanna Outfit line up for Luci that you have for your DD.

I didn't buy any 50's though. I decided on 60's only since they would last longer. I did want to tell you how very pleased we are with the Hanna Pilot Cap the XXS one. DD has been wearing it all week and it looks so cute.

We bought a couple of premie outfits from Janie & Jack that have worked out wonderfully.

Nancy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast