Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default UPDATE to Another ebay WWYD

Update:

I received an email from the seller (hereinafter referred to as "she" b/c "the seller" is bogging me down) yesterday apologizing for the delay in answering my email b/c she was out of town. The seller said that she put the wrong picture in the photo by mistake and offered to take it back and refund me the item or replace the set with a different set in blue. I'm happy keeping the aqua set (although I was *very* tempted to see what else she had in blue!) and will be on the lookout for her upcoming auctions in blue. Thought I'd let everyone know how this whole thing turned out. Thanks for all of your advice! :)

I purchased a Keedo outfit from someone on ebay. Here's a link to the auction: http://tinyurl.com/qsqdu

I received the outfit last week and it's actually aqua, not blue (like in the picture). Here's a link to a different Keedo outfit where you can see the difference between aqua and blue: http://www.keedousa.com/product_p/215008.htm

I've emailed the seller twice within the past week, asking if there was a shipping mix-up, but I haven't heard back from her. I thought I was bidding on a blue outfit, not aqua, but DD has an aqua dress from Keedo that looks great on her, so I'm okay keeping the aqua outfit if it comes to that.

I guess my question is just what do I do? I've tried emailing the seller, but that didn't work. I don't want to risk getting negative feedback b/c it would hurt me a whole lot more than it would hurt her. I don't want to just ignore the whole thing b/c what if the same thing happens to another ebayer who really *does* care what color outfit they receive? So, I'm stuck. Do I just wait another week to see if she responds? I'm just starting to buy more on ebay and I want to handle this situation correctly. Help? Oh, I guess my final question is, do you think the auction was for a blue or an aqua outfit? Thanks

MayB Guest

Default RE: Another ebay WWYD

I may not be looking at the right place or the complete listing, but I don't see the outfit described as blue, although it does look so in the picture. That said, the picture looks a bit fuzzy in general so it may be tough to tell. If she didn't describe it as blue, I would just let it go, especially if you're worried about negative feedback.

I agree with PP, since the seller didn't describe it as blue, I wouldn't certainly give negative feedback. The picture isn't very good and it certainly doesn't look aqua (at least on my screen) but the onus was probably on you to clarify what color it was prior to buying. You might leave neutral feedback to let people know that the seller wasn't responsive to your concerns, but that's only if you're really into it, which it sounds like you aren't. I don't think you have an obligation to other buyers though, since this is more a mistake due to a badly written listing that didn't have enough specifics for you to really know what you were buying.

HTH,

Laurel
    Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

Default What about feedback?

The seller definitely did not say "blue" - it just looked blue in the picture. I guess I just expected it to look like the item in the picture and it really doesn't.

What would you leave as feedback? I'm okay with the outfit, although I wish the seller would return my emails. I just don't know what to write as feedback b/c none of my standard stuff fits (as in, it didn't ship quickly, I don't think that the item is exactly as described, and I might not buy from the seller again). I do like the outfit, though. Thanks for your help!

I didn't see your post before my last response. I agree that I should have definitively asked about the color. I also checked and the seller doesn't have any current listings, so maybe they haven't received the emails I sent... I guess I'll work on a neutrally-positive wording later this afternoon!

Thanks for your response!

dules Guest

Just my opinion so take with a grain of salt, but this is a case where asking before bidding would have been in order, if it were important to you that it be blue and not aqua. The description doesn't say blue and the two colors are somewhat close.

I'm sure the seller will try to make it right but on eBay you can't always trust people's cameras.

I usually get a lot of questions from people about color, inseam, shoulder width, etc. during auctions and I try to answer them as quickly as possible. Once the auction ends, though, the item belongs to the buyer unless I grossly misrepresented in some way.

Good luck and I hope she has the blue set for you (although, looking at both, I like the aqua better!).

Best,
    Mary

I have to agree with MayB, the listing does not state the outfits colour so I would just drop it if I were especially since you don't care either way.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If I feel so-so about an eBay win but not enough to leave a neutral, and not enough to articulate it in feedback, I sometimes leave a positive feedback that just says "Thanks!" It kinda conveys the so-so feeling without starting a feedback war, kwim?
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I think I'm just going to say something like, "The outfit's great! Thanks!", b/c that's definitely true.

My other concern is that it is a true mix-up and there's a blue set somewhere that I was supposed to get. What happens if the seller says that there was a mistake and I got the wrong thing? I almost feel like I can't wash the outfit until I hear back from the seller that the auction was, indeed, for an aqua outfit.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You've given the seller adequate chance to say that there was a mix-up. Go ahead and wash and use the outfit - if she ever comes back, you can just forward one of your e-mails and say "when I never heard back from you, I assumed that I had the right outfit."
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast