KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What do you do with non-fancy-brand clothes?

I have a bunch of clothes that are in really nice condition, but are Carter's, Sprockets, etc. And, they're just basics - bodysuits, shirts, etc., but no real "outfits". Do you normally just give or donate these? All I see on swap are the higher-end brands.

Edited to change sway to swap.
    Kris

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: What do you do with non-fancy-brand clothes?

Either give them away or try a garage/yard sale. You don't get lots of money for each one, but it you have a ton, it can really add up. You also could try putting them in lots and sell them on Craigs List, but I don't know how well clothes sell on CL. I haven't tried it.

Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

I think you probably ahve a couple of options. You could always find a friend who is having a new baby. Basics are always great for a new mom, so you can let her borrow them or just give them to her. Donating is always nice because many times they are in need of baby clothes, especially if it is in good condition.

If you want to get some money back, you can try CL like a PP said. I recently sold two boxes of clothes that had some really cute Ralph Lauren outfits, but also some basic Carter's items in there. I think if you combine them, people are more likely to take the other stuff off you hands. I think I got more money that way then trying to sell them by themselves.

HTH!

s_gosney Guest

I sell all of our stuff like this at local consignment sales. You get more money that way than you would with a garage sale. You also have flexibility to set your own prices so you can price to sell or try for more money.

I just had a garage sale and this is mostly what I sold there. I am taking what is left to a shelter. Anything that is brand name I usually put on Ebay. I actually did pretty well at the yard sale though, priced everything under $3 and made quite a bit of $ back!

Ann