holliam Guest

Default clothes as birthday present from in-laws

Okay, Mari got her birthday presents from her grandparents (DH's parents) today. It's a little weird that they got her clothes since she's 2, but my 2-year-old happens to be very excited about clothes so she was just happy about it. LOL

Anyway, they sent a bunch of things that aren't normally our style but not hideous or anything, just a bit more "hip" than we are. Lots of brown for some reason, and DH hates brown on her.

I am going to keep it and use it though because it will be good for me to think outside the box some for her clothes. But, here's the kicker...

They live right near Valley Fair. Oh the things they could have done with clothes with Pumpkin Patch, Hanna, Naartjie, etc! They did send one super cute Naartjie vest (DH hates vests too lol) Alas, for the others, they stuck to Macy's which we now have. LOL I just cracked up and whimpered silently. ;)

Oh to live so close to Valley Fair and to not harness its greatness. ;)
    Holli

Default Happy Birthday Mari!

Ooh that is a crusher. I keep hoping someone I know will move to California so I can get Naartjie from them :) And Happy Birthday to Mari! I was just going to start a thread in the Lounge

Allison
    http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

holliam Guest

Default Oh! It's not til Wednesday! lol

We just let her open things as they arrive so not to overwhelm her on one day. :) But, thanks!! :)

Holli

Default RE: clothes as birthday present from in-laws

I can't believe Mari is 2!!! Sorry about the clothes. At least you can return them to Hechts/Macys if you want. And I bet she looks super cute in vests!!! How could she not??? ;)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Default RE: Oh! It's not til Wednesday! lol

Oops, for some reason I had Sept 1st in my head :) Happy present opening day then :)

Allison
    http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

Lovingliv is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Holli, what is the scoop with pumpkin patch? I keep hearing about them.

dules Guest

LOL that she was excited at the gift. I must have been older than two but I do remember the sinking feeling of getting a clothing box on my birthday. (what, no toy?). ;)

Which Naartjie vest? All fur or fur trim? I broke down and got the fur trim one at the sale because DD looooved it when we were in a store last month. She's thrilled, though I crack up every time I see her in it.

Happy early birthday to Mari! I can't believe she's TWO!

Best,
    Mary