Default help with shoes for infant

I have never bought shoes for my 10 month old, but now w/fall and winter approaching, I am going to need something.

I thought a pair of patent leather mary janes would be nice for wearing with her dresses. I would need a pair of shoes for everyday too.

i have no clue what size and I've only heard of Robeez and Ecco brands.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try to shop at Shoebuy.com b/c I always have coupons for them. I'm headed over there now to browse around.

TIA
    Ashley

DD 10/2005

dules Guest

Default RE: help with shoes for infant

Hi, you probably will want a soft shoe, something to keep her foot warm and then help her start cruising/walking.

Before my DD walked we had the party mary janes in black patent from preschoolians. I know a lot of people don't like the company but I was perfectly happy with the shoes, although pricey for something she only wore maybe twice.

A lot of people like Robeez, Bobux, Jack and Lily, and SoftStar. Not sure which of these they carry on Shoebuy but maybe that will get you started.

Best,
    Mary

Thank you Mary. Your responses are always so helpful. I appreciate it!

Ashley
    Ashley

DD 10/2005

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

there is also Pedipeds, Peedoodles, See Kai Run, .... these are not soft soled but very flexible still! At 10 months she may be walking sooner than later and if that will be outside (in rain possibly) you might want to get something with more than just a leather/suede bottom!

~Tondi
    Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I totally suggest starting with a leather bottomed soft sole. Bobux were my favorite fit, but I liked the Robeez designs better. These can be worn with or without socks.

There is also a thread (or two) floating around that lists the different brands of soft soled shoes.
    These shoes are also called "crib shoes" on ebay etc.

The little girls shoes are so cute. I think you could totally find a pair that would work with dresses and for everyday. My niece had a solid pink pair of robeez that she wore with practically everything. I would be more inclined to do that than a real "dress" shoe.