Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Is the Children's Place Outlet really an outlet?

I went in the other day and it seemed just like the regular store. Same stuff, same prices.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Default RE: Is the Children's Place Outlet really an outlet?

I have had the same experience, they seem to be the same thing. I remember when outlets used to be really good deals, now I think most of them are just the normal stores with "outlet" in the name.

Ashley

Yeah, I noticed that too. Everything at the Carters and OshKosh outlets were marked with the "regular" price but then rang up as 30% or more off, but Children's Place just rang up with the actual prices on the tags. Very disappointing.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

MayB Guest

I never shop at a "regular" Children's Place because I'm really close to an outlet so I don't know if all of them do this, but the best deals at the outlets are the very end of the season (think March/April for winter and October for spring/summer) when most of what's left is marked down to 99 cents. It's just a matter of hitting the store at the right time. I do know I've returned gifts from a regular store to an outlet store with no problem (something you can't do at Gap and Old Navy for instance).

mommyoftwo Guest

I really think it depends on when you hit it. They do sell the regular stuff at full price, but I've gotten tons of amazing deals there. It's one of my favorite stores at the outlet mall near us. You could always call ahead of time to find out what they have.

I shopped at one while visiting my family and got some great deals on clothes I had just purchased at a regular CP store for more only a few days before. Their sale prices were the same as the regular CP but then they had 50% off all clearance. I got a HUGE bag of clothes for about $40. Some of the dresses I purchased were only $2.50. I agree with PP that it must depend on the time you hit the stores- I happened to hit a great sale day! ;)

Well, I go to the one in Seacaucus which is wher they are based so I think it is more 'outlet' like than most. I have been to others that are no big deal.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I recently read an article on outlet shopping, sorry I can't find the link, and they said that Children's Place outlets have the same pricing as CP when they have sales. That said, both store and outlet have amazing deals when their items are marked down. I just went yesterday and got a bunch of long sleeve onsies ranging from $5-7 at CP, Gap, Old navy, and Osh Kosh.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did a stint (a weekend excursion) bakc when I was still full time with TCP to one of the outlets to help them with a floorset.

They do get regular priced merch, but they also get ALL the off-flow from surrounding stores (for example, the TCP outlet gets all the transfers from 14 surrounding stores). There is also a small amount of merch that is made specifically for th outlet, but not a lot and not all the time. BTW, the "outlet only" stuff tends to always be 100 % cotton, as opposed to a lot of the baby (girl) stuff that 95-5%. Don't know why, but I like it better, IMO.
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!