pennstatecowgirl Guest

Default If your boy wears camo pants, what shirts do you pair with them?

I got my 3 1/2 year old an adorable pair of green/khaki camo cargos from Baby Gap, but I'm having trouble figuring out what tops to put with them. What colors and styles do you think work best?

Thanks!

: )

tigeratty Guest

Default RE: If your boy wears camo pants, what shirts do you pair with them?

Assuming you don't have a shirt that matches a specific color in the pattern, I have put different bright colors on top except green or yellow, which would clash with the colors in the camo pattern. My favorites are orange, navy blue and azure blue (the baby gap polo from last summer.) Also a lighter blue (the decal on it was in tones that matched the camo; from Target.) I think a darker red or burgundy could work too. I would also stay away from gray and black for this particular camo. Have you seen the camos done in blue? I love them, but I think you would have to buy the matching shirt.

I know it seems over done, but I think the camo looks sooo cute. Our camo shorts were the favorite last summer, and we have some pants we are waiting to fit into.

HTH,

Shari

newmomto3kids Guest

I have a (non-matching) olive green shirt that I pair with his camo pants. I also have been known to put him in a black shirt or an orange shirt that is not too bright.
    I think that any of the faded pigment dyed colors look good with the camo and that is what we put with his camo shorts this summer.

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have the same camo pants and pair them with a Gymboree white tee shirt with green leaves pttern on the front.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

Gosh, my DS, my DD and I all wear camos regularly! Yikes, it's amazing DH can even see us.

For DS, when he wears green camos, I put mostly orange, black, grey on top. I guess cream would be fine too if we had some. I have been known to put a yellow sweatshirt on him as well.

When DD wears her blue camos, she wears whatever she wants as long as it's weather appropriate. She's almost four years old and very insistent.

When I wear my green camos, I stick to black or grey. It's just what I have, sad to say.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Brown, green, blue, red, burgundy, navy, black... almost any solid colored shirt will work!

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got a shirt at TCP in the spring that has camo on it- so that was obvious. but I agree otherwise, it's difficult! Esp b/c everyone's camos have different shades! I have a pair from Gap for myself that I wear with cream or brown- b/c there's brown in them. DS has a cream thermal henley that also looks good with his camos. Agree on virtually any solid color shirt, particularly like the orange!