ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Any petite moms buy Hanna girls sizes for themselves?

I'm 5'2" and about 110 lbs and I'm wondering whether I could get away with buying beach pants in a girls size 160 rather than a woman's XS. I normally wear a size 2 petite, but I've never purchaed HA for myself, so I don't know how their sizes run.

Obviously most of the girl's styles are too juvenile for a 30-something woman, but the beach pants look identical...I'm just wondering if they'd be too narrow in the hips (I imagine the drawstring waist should adjust to fit).

Am I crazy to think I can do this and save $18?

Default RE: Any petite moms buy Hanna girls sizes for themselves?

I have, yes. I'm 5'2", somewhere around 105 and usually wear a 0 or a 2. I'm not very hippy, though; I'm pretty straight up and down. I have the beach pants in a 160 and they fit fine. The women's XS would be way too big, I'm sure. I've ordered a few women's things for myself before and they've all gone back because they are too big.

Anyway, no you're not crazy. :) HTH.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not petite and some of the HA girls things fit me better than the women's things.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

what size are you? do you think you need to be a size 4 or under?
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

tny915 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm about your height and weight and have bought girls size 160 in the Power of a Great Tee and the Survivor Jacket. The tops fit great. I haven't gotten around to trying bottome yet. I normally wear size 2 in petites as well.

I tried a couple womens XS things with mixed success. A wrap sweater I bought is going back for being way too big. I have a couple skirts that are just a little loose, but not enough to notice, so those are keepers. It must be the child-bearing hips that I grew after DD.

Edited for clarity.
    DD1 2003
    DD2 2008

I think you probably could do fine with a 160. The only issue might be fit through the hips...I think the kids' stuff tends to be cut a bit narrower that way.

I'm not that petite - I wear a size 6 or 8, and I have several tops in size 160 (I especially love the boxy tees, which are soft and comfortable and loose fitting). I can't wear bottoms in a 160, but I'm bigger than you are, so you might be fine. I do think most Hanna adult clothes run very, very large.

banoffi Guest

I haven't tried the girl's clothing, but I am your height and weight and the Hanna XS size is HUGE on me.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no idea, since I am pregnant. But I tried on some 150 and 160 sweaters last year at the outlet and they fit better than the women's things did. I am 5'8" and about 135 lbs, tall and thin build w/ no waist.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

excellent info! i am 5'8" and just went back on ww to get back to 140. so we aren't too dissimilar in size. i do have a waist. (but also have hips.) right now, i have 18lbs to lose. but i usually wear a 6 comfortably. i just never bothered to lose my dylan weight, and then the donuts didn't help! maybe i can try 160s in the summer sale in june.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.