Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: How do you organize your dc's closet/drawers?

How do you do only 8 outfits per season? I would love to know how to pare down.

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't hang any of his stuff, except things he never wears. ;) I have an 8 drawer dresser (4 large drawers and four small across the top), and right now I have all his pants in one drawer, separated into three piles - jeans, cords and chino/khaki styles. Then I have his long sleeve shirts in another drawer. I put the stuff he rarely wears/that I don't like in the back. :) In another of the large drawers I have some hand-made sweaters and larger sweaters and sweatshirts, as well as his baptism outfit in the plastic. In the last large drawer I have his summer clothes - shorts and t's. I will rotate when the seasons change, so that the summer stuff is not at the bottom of the dresser like it is now, and as he outgrows things I will put them away in bins.

In the top four drawers I have:
    1. socks
    2. light weight PJs
    3. heavy PJs
    4. sun hats and random stuff - belts, etc.

HTH! :)

cellogirl Guest

I do something very similar to the others. All zip-up jacket/fleece are hung (they don't fold well), as are dresses and one pieces. We have a cabinet in the middle of the closet (organizer we got at Home Depot) and hanging space on either side. I put current size clothes on the right side and upcoming size on the left.

We then have a six-drawer dresser/changing table. Here are how I have the drawers organized: 1)Socks, tights, hats, etc.; 2)Diapers & wipes; 3)Onesies and shirts; 4)PJs; 5)Sweaters & Sweatshirts; and 6)Shorts/Pants.

I also have two tubs stacked on the floor in her closet. One is there to put in clothes as they get too small and the other is full of clothes for the upcoming size. We got a TON of hand-me-downs from my sister, so these tubs have been invaluable for keeping track. In one of our other closets I have tubs stacked and labeled for each size.

This has been working pretty well for me finally. I've been through lots of iterations. I've often thought that the Fields should add info in their 411 books on how to organize all this stuff. I didn't know where to start, and it's not intuitive!!

Good luck!
    Laurie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2