Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pumps?

Jackie Guest

Default RE: Pumps?

I used the Medela Pump in Style for 3 months. I pumped twice at home and once at work for the last month. The pump worked great, but eventually my son needed more than I could supply and my job was way too stressful (which affected my milk supply). To make a long story short, I had to wean my son after 3 months. I spent $250 on the pump and I would have been better off renting. I had planned on pumping for at least 6-8 months, but It became such a stressful task to breastfeed. I had to supplement way to often with formula, for the sake of my hungry son and my own sanity. I was very bummed, to say the least, but my son is thriving and my stress level has come down 10 notches. I would try renting first and see how it works out before buying an expensive pump.

kellieburke Guest

goodnightben.com has the pump in style for $199. this is the lowest i have seen it. the company is out of canada and i also purchased a glider from them. the customer service is great. good luck

Mitch826 Guest

Hi all-
    I know I posted last July, but now that my son is almost a year old and I have had a chance to have some "real world" experience with a pump, I thought I would put another two cents in.

I still love my Ameda Pump. Although the bag isn't as snazzy as the Medela, the maintenance and efficiency of this pump is awesome.

I ordered it from a woman (nurse) on the internet and it came to $138.00 including shipping. That included the insulated carrying bag, three freezer packs, six bottles, and adapter. She also threw in a bunch of literature and little freebies. She has been very helpful with all my questions and I know my friends who have purchased pumps from her have been very satisfied. I opted to just go ahead and purchase rather than trying the rental first mainly because of cost. At $138 to purchase, I saved myself about $100 in rental costs so really it came down to a $38 gamble.

Hope this helps and I wish you much luck!
    Michelle
    P.S. The address for the woman I bought it through is [email protected]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3