Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pumps?

Default RE: Pumps?

I was going to rent at first, but once I saw the cost, I just ended up buying an Ameda Purely Yours on eBay for less than $140 including shipping. I was very sure I wanted to pump and have been very happy with the Purely Yours. One thing I like about it is that it is a 'closed system', so you don't have to worry about trying to wash out the tubing.

The bag that comes with the Purely Yours is not nearly as nice as the Medela bag, but if you're not going to be working or taking the pump with you very often, you may want to buy the model without the carry bag. It comes with fewer storage bottles, no bag and no freezable containers, but it's also less expensive.

Sarah

gpaik Guest

rent in order for you to produce milk from the hospitals. The medela pump is not made to help produce milk, but to pump it after you produced it. So, after you are able to produce it, you can buy one for $185.00 from a person I know that gets it from a dealer. If you need one you can email me and i can give you info. I am about to do the same too. I'm going to rent one from the hospital, and if i am able to produce, I'll buy the medela pump myself.

hope all goes well,
    grace

JennsBaby Guest

My advice mirrors most of the others. I've used both the Avent Isis and a hospital grade rental pump. I love both. I use the Isis when I'm away from an outlet or for quick relief. I think which pump is best for you will also depend on your needs. Will you be working full-time and pumping at work? Working part-time and pumping? Or just pumping occasionally? If you're working FT you might want to consider the higher grade rental pump. I rent the Ameda Lact-e and love it! It is so quiet and easy to use, but it is really heavy. I leave it at work during the week. From what I understand, I would wait to purchase the Pump in Style. It is probably best to talk to a lactation consultant first. It takes some people longer to pump, so if you don't have an effective enough pump it might be easier to quit than continue. So, wait for your milk supply to come in before you spend the big bucks (or rent a hospital grade pump for a month).

Best Wishes,
    Jennifer

gaya Guest

>The medela pump is not
    >made to help produce milk,
    >but to pump it after
    >you produced it. So,
    >after you are able to
    >produce it, you can buy
    >one for $185.00 from a
    >person I know that gets
    >it from a dealer. If
    >you need one you can
    >email me and i can
    >give you info.

I am due in another week.
    Can you pls. give me the
    contact to get the Medela
    PIS for $185 ?.

Thanks!

lgt Guest

Hi! I just purchased a Pump In style traveler. This is a new backpack style that is easy to carry around. It doesn't look like a breast pump.

I work a lot on nights and weekends, and needed something efficient so that my husband can easily feed the baby. I wasn't getting enough from my Isis pump. I found the Medela very easy to use, and I got great results.

I ordered it from a medical supply company on the internet - www.medrhino.com. They had a great price that included the car adapter. Very good customer service, too!

good luck!

mkmom Guest

I have the Ameda Purely Yours and love it !! Bought in online on knoxbreasfeeding.com. I was quite pleased with the pump and the quick delivery from that website.

pearsoka Guest

I love my Pump in Style. I have the new backpack version and have taken it all over. I've also used the hopital pump--very loud & heavy and the Avent Isis--my hand got way too tired!

peg Guest

I purchased a Purely Yours pump about 2 years ago and still love it with my second baby! I bought it because it was highly recommended and was cheaper than the Medela. I suggest considering buying it from the following website www.nursingmothersupplies.com - it's not THE cheapest, but a portion of all sales proceeds go to UNICEF. Also the support from Wendy is absolutely terrific, even if you do not purchase from her!!! The purely yours pump with insulated carry bag, 6 bottles, 3 freezer packs and AC adapter is $198 with free shipping for all orders over $75. (She ships really fast too!) I've used her for all sorts of info. and have always received prompt and most courteous service. I also recommend asking her for the silicone cup pump accessory for purely yours, which I found to be much more comfortable than the hard plastic of the plain pump form. Some say they help you get more milk too; I just like the comfort. They are not advertised on her site, but she has them. Note, I had trouble with the Mother;s Milk storage freezer bags she sells and recommends. Two bags once had no seal in the bottom of the bag and when I dumped my precious pumped milk into them for storage the milk spilled all over the counter!!!!! Also, my sitter told me that some of the bags cracked while in the freezer. I now use the Medela storage bags even though they are a bit more expensive! Good luck and enjoy nursing your baby and giving him/her the best nutrition in the world!!

peg Guest

Regarding the attractiveness of the Purely Yours bag. I several times received compliments on my bag from people (men and woman who I had never met before!) who thought it was a great laptop bag with extra compartments. I personally thought it looked nothing like a computer bag, but they could imagine that it was a breast pump so that was their conclusion. I commuted on a train to NYC from NJ, so presumably these tri-state commuters are a bit fashion-savvy.

alandbaby Guest

suggestion - rent a pump from the hospital for a few weeks and then buy a high grade pump later instead of continuing to rent - only if you want too - after you've really tried pumping and know what rental pumps feel like. Ask for a "pumping kit" in the hospital so you'll be prepared for renting. If you don't get one while IN the hospital - you can get one later though - but I would ask while IN the hosptial b/c you need a pumping kit to use a rental pump.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast