elaine Guest

Default Avent disposable liners

Any tips on how to close up the Avent disposable liners? (Am I just a moron?)

The clips they provide are narrower than the bags. So, I sort of fold the corners over to make a narrower 'neck', then clip them. This is goofy, and fails if there's more than 5 oz in the bag. It also will leak in the refrigerator. If I am freezing them, the milk usually freezes before it leaks too much.

Is this typical, or am I doing something wrong?

KYLE'S MOM Guest

Default RE: Avent disposable liners

I just pulled the sides together and then clipped. It is true that you cannot have over 5-6 oz in the bag. To keep them from leaking, put them in the freezer or refrig in an upright position - I used a large plastic cup for the refrig to keep them upright and then used a large rectangle ice cube container in the freezer because it would hold many bags at once. Once they are frozen in the freezer, you can just put them anywhere. I actually used the bottom drawer in our freezer for nothing but the frozen milk. I protected it like it was gold so I did not take any chances for anything to be near it to damage it in any way. Good Luck!!!

wdouglas Guest

Default RE: Avent disposable liners

I have folded down the top of the bag before putting the clip on them. This seems to work very well if you don't have a full bag of milk. Keeping them upright helps too!