stacik Guest

Default maternity/nursing bra recommendations for larger sizes?

Okay, I saw several posts asking specifically about bras for smaller-chested women, but isn't there anyone else with the opposite problem? I am normally a 36 C, but am 6 ms. pg. and have already gone up 2 band sizes and 3 cup sizes. And now my bras are itching like crazy, so I think I need to buy some a bit larger again, which would be another cup size. (And, by the way, I lost weight during my first trimester, but still went up a cup size.) It's a nightmare. And now I hear I will increase by another cup size after the baby is born. Do they even make sizes that large? Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations? I would really like to buy them online, since when I go to stores, they always want to help me, and I would just as soon not have to announce my size to strangers (though, I guess I just did that), plus last time, two women started searching for my size, and then informed they just don't carry that size! How embarassing! Thanks for any help!

rossini Guest

Default RE: maternity/nursing bra recommendations for larger sizes?

Hi, I'm a nursing mom who's also "blown up"! Check on the motherwear.com website, or through their catalog. They have a nice non-underwire bra that's also very supportive. Trust me, skip underwire- I didn't, and actually got a yeast infection right where the underwire goes! apparently that area was constantly moist from perspiration. That was a MISERABLE experience! The bras I now wear are the one I just mentioned- I believe it's made by Fancee Free, and I found another by Medela (in a breastfeeding retail store locally) that are working very well. (Another tip: put some white vinegar in the final rinse water when you wash you bras- it discourages the bacteria for yeast.) Another possibility: Elizabeth Lee (check your search engine under nursing clothes or nursing bras) has a nice selection, too. Hope this helps!

webma Guest

Try biggerbras.com. I've ordered from them and liked the prices and selection. They sell nursing and regular bras in typical sizes and all the way out to H.

stacik Guest

Thanks! I'll check those out.