Thread: Belly Belts

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Belly Belts

Have any of you used a belly belt during the third trimester? I am ten weeks from my due date and beginning to have a lot of pulling in my back, not to mention incredible pressure on my bladder whenever I stand up. I am curious whether belly belts actually help, which brands are comfortable, and whether they look ridiculous through blouses and tops. Thanks for your input!
    -Rachel
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

Bazza Guest

Default RE: Belly Belts

I have used the Loving Comfort Maternity Support since my 5th month! I suffered from bad ligament pain at that point and the support was a great help, now also in my third trimester I use it to relieve back ache and find it so comfortable that I have also been known to sleep in it at night (much to husbands delight - not!). It does add a little bit to your belly dimension but as yet no-one has guessed that I have it on when wearing it.

All in all I've found it a good investment.

suzska Guest

I had one of those ~$20 ones from Penneys. I didn't use it that often, because I found it uncomfortable to use while I was sitting at the desk at work. But if I had to take a walk at lunchtime, I found it useful then. I had an extra 45 pounds to carry around, so the little bit of support helped. I just wasn't interested in looking for anything better/more pricey. And at that point I was so HUGE, I didn't care how I looked to everyone else. ;-)

--Sue B.
    SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

christinan1 Guest

I love the belly belt. I have been using it for the past 2-3 months (I am due in 2 weeks). I had the same problem as you and it helped tremendously. I wear it over my clothes and usually wear a long sweater or shirt to hide it. I also take it off when I am sitting down. Good Luck.

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks! I got the Loving Comfort belt from Babies R Us. It's not exactly seamless under my clothes, but I can definitely live with it, and I am infinitely more comfortable now. What a relief! Thanks again for your input.

--Rachel
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou