Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    starfish1995 Guest

Default Poll - what is your favorite maternity and nursing bra?

Also, please mention if it is underwire or not. Thanks!

Geebee Guest

Default RE: Poll - what is your favorite maternity and nursing bra?

I might be in the minority, but I liked the Playtex non-underwire. I found them at a Playtex outlet, but I also saw them at Target. They are extremely inexpensive.

jan Guest

bravado bras (from breakoutbras.com, much cheaper), also black bra from motherwear (non-underwire) and centersnap lace (underwire) are all great! (kind of expensive, though)

starfish1995 Guest

How suuportive are the Bravado bras? I have one that I bought 3 years ago, and it is not too supportive. Have they changed the design any?

mellivesay Guest

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Bravado Bras. I recommended them to my girl friend and she went back to buy more right away! I have not had any trouble with support. I am normally (before pregnancy) a 34B. In fact, I sound that they keep me "snug," close, and comfortable. I tried a few other brands --Olga and Motherhood -- and they did not give me the support I wanted.

Jill_P Guest

Folks,

Negative stuff first:

After having a somewhat frustrating experience with decentexposures.com (trying to get the right fit with their bras--3 of them), I finally gave up and sent the last one back and am awaiting a refund. I don't like their wide shoulder straps, nor do I like their middle section gathered together with a looper. You can see the gathers through one's clothes.

On the positive side:

I just received my 1st bravadodesigns.com bra and LOVE it! The elastic on the bottom of the bra is the most comfortable I've found. It doesn't pinch or poke me like my other bras. Important when an expectant mom is carrying high like I am. The shoulder straps are narrower than those of Decent Exposures and adjustable, both of which I like.

The nursing string is not something I will use (I can't nurse for medical reasons), but I could see where a breastfeeding mom would really like it. (I'll probably cut mine off.)

Pretty good support. Probably not as good as an underwire, but who wants an underwire when one is pregnant, anyway???

KathyO Guest

I'd also like to put in a vote for the Bravado line. The lady in the conventional underwear store sniffily insinuated that if I bought one of THOSE, and not her underwired, synthetic, cantilevered white contraptions, that my boobs would be around my ankles in no time.

I'm very glad I ignored her. Bravado is so comfortable, so easy to use one-handed, and the support is just fine. The cheerful prints keep me feeling that my days of interesting underwear did not end with motherhood!

Kathy

jubywuby Guest

For those of us with smaller chests:

Maternity - I've scrapped most of my maternity bras from pregnancy #1, and instead am wearing my Target-brand sleep bras every day. They DO NOT have good coverage on the front, so I have to tuck some nursing pads in them to prevent that headlights-on look, but they are very comfortable. Also great to sleep in.

Nursing - Tried them all, and just can't beat Bravado. I wore them during my last couple of pregnancy months last time, and throughout my nursing days last time, and plan to again. The simple snap closure is so much easier to open than the bras with hooks and eyes.

MaryAgnes Guest

I know I posted this on elsewhere...
    I bought 2 medium basic Bravado bra's at around 3 months, since they were so highly rated. I was a 34B before, and didn't think support would be a problem. The elastic band kept getting tighter under my chest, and I couldn't wait to get home to rip the thing off. Midway through my 5th month, I started noticing nasty looking stretch marks on the underside of my breasts, and knew I had to change.

After trying and buying many, I like the Platex softcup nursing style, but I'm in a 40B. I am wearing a 40C now because it is so hard to find anything smaller than C when you get past 40, and my cups are not full. I am also sleeping in my bras now, I don't know if this will help the stretch marks, but it has become more comfortable to do so.

I am going back to the platex outlet this afternoon to try some more on. Wish me luck

MaryAgnes
    ...who has the largest collection of bras that don't fit!

wen Guest

I just got my first nursing bra and it is a bravado bra - very, very comfortable! I tried on a lot of bras and this one beats them all.

I'm used to having an underwire and thought I'd hate not having one but with this bra, I don't miss it.

As for support - I wouldn't want to go for a run with it, but when I'm walking around day-to-day I feel like I get enough support (this is with the D/E cup size).

breakoutbras.com seemed to have the best price for the bras - right now they're offering free shipping.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast