zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default that BFing THIRST

DH came up with a great solution to the need for fresh cold water RIGHT NOW while BFing... he filled up one of those hydration packs cyclists use with ice and water so I always have it ready; it's insulated so it's good for most of the day and I don't have to yell for assistance! (i'm particular that the water be COLD) the bite valve is great so I can use it even if I am lying down. the most common brand is CamelBak; IMO those taste a little plasticky and I prefer my Platypus -- you can get the pack for about $30 at sporting goods stores and bike shops. hope this helps someone!

Default RE: that BFing THIRST

GREAT idea! That thirst is really something...

I have been using a 32 oz nalgene bottle that has a sqeeze top and cover so that I can have it on the couch with me and not worry too much about spilling. I learned the hard way after spilling so many glasses of water and even breaking a few...

We have one of those CamelBaks, maybe once it's hotter I'll drag it out (I'm not too particular about cold water right now).

Thanks for the suggestion! (and congrats on the new little one!--I saw your other post, and she is just BEAUTIFUL!!)

mcmorfit Guest

I had the same thirst - we went through water like crazy! Hope all is going well.

That is such a good idea!!! You should write that to one of the baby/parenting magazines -- I bet they'd print it! It's too good of a suggestion not to!

Congratulations on your new little one! :7

sparkeze Guest

That is a great idea! My water must be cold too. I should wear one of those all day. I'm always so thirsty!!