zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default great site - convert a bra for hands free pumping! make your own boppy! useful site

patterns for converting t-shirts to nursing shirts, make your own boppy, diaper bag, slings, b&w mobile and more. very informative site!

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/inde...by/crafts.html

mommyj Guest

Default RE: great site - convert a bra for hands free pumping! make your own boppy! useful site

Thanks for posting this link.
    Have you tried any of these patterns? I'm thinking about buying a sewing machine and want to make my own sling. Do you know how this pattern compares with other sling patterns online?

Default RE: great site - convert a bra for hands free pumping! make your own boppy! useful site

OK-

Am I the only one that thought the suggestion of converting your bra to hold a breast pump WHILE DRIVING to be just a little bit funny?

Could you imagine the conversation with the cop that pulls you over for distracted driving??

OK - I'll go back into my little corner now and mind my own business...:)

-m

Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

telewill Guest

Bravo, funny observation. I think I look like a fembot all hooked up to that stuff...much less explaining my look to an officer. :P

I used her adjustable "simple, unpadded sling" pattern. After doing a search and looking over all the instructions out there I liked this one the best for attaching the rings. It makes an attractive pleated area where the rings are versus some which just fold the fabric over.

To make a tube style similar to the hotslings.com design, I preferred these directions over the "tube style" directions linked on the above website:
    http://www.ida.net/users/stace/sling.html
    If you use these instructions, you need to make it shorter than she directs. It is easy to fix, though, if you end up making it too long (thanks to Beth (egoldber) for helping me with that!).

Have fun!!

mommyj Guest

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to get my sewing machine...

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

...and you'd have to be careful about inadvertantly honking the horn all the time... ;)

Which ones?!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

MinnieMouse Guest

You can pump hands free w/o any sewing at all...just takes a nursing bra with top hooks and two rubber bands!!

Loop a rubber band around the "neck" of each horn, then attach the opposite end to each top hook on the bra. You have to hold them there while you turn the pump on...but then the suction kicks in and viola...hands free pumping!!!

It's what kept me sane pumping from 3-12mo for dd :-).

HTH

Christine

You ladies are too funny! :7 LOL!