Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    scubagear Guest

Default 75% effaced, 1 cm dialed and low head position!!!

Hi All!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought this wouldn't be a bad place! I went to the doctor today (I'm 38 weeks) and was told that I am 1 cm. dialated, 75% effaced, having contractions and that the baby's head is 'very low'. Yikes! The doctor also said that if I haven't gone into labor by my next appointment (a week from today) that they would 'scrape my cervix to get things going'!

Any of you out there have any experience with any of this? I heard that after they scrape the cervix, labor could be right around the corner!

Any input/advice/comments/time frames would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

Default RE: 75% effaced, 1 cm dialed and low head position!!!

They did it to my friend and she went into labor the next day. IMOH, I would just let nature take its course unless you go past your due date. When she's ready she'll come! Besides, sounds like you're almost there...hang in...this seems like the longest part of the pregnancy. Sending labor vibes your way... :-)

Jamie
    Mommy to Kayla
    5/1/03

bluej Guest

I had it done on my due date when the baby had been 'in position', 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced for six weeks. The next day I had mild contractions on a very irregular basis all day long. Then all of a sudden things got active and moved quickly!

scubagear Guest

Did things 'get active' that next day - after you had gone through the irregular contractions - or was it days later?

my schedule was:

36 weeks: 50% effaced, 0 station (plug was gone)
    37 weeks: 75% effaced, 0 or -1 station
    38 weeks: 90% effaced, 0 or -1 station, 2 cms and cervix scraped
    delivered one day before 39 weeks (so 8 days early)

i had false labor or pre-labor for 2 STRAIGHT days after that whole cervix scraping thing. (i didn't know what he was doing exactly. but it hurt!) i had major cramps, contractions randomly throughout the day and night- as many as every 20 minutes for an hour and then no more for a few more hours.

i saw "show" on friday morning. i went into labor at 3:30am on sunday morning (saturday night.) schuyler was born on sunday at 2:13pm.

so... your baby is on the way!!!!!!!! keep an eye out for "show." that is the only real sign that labor is around the corner. the cramping and contractions are signs, but when i called and told the nurse i had show and i just wanted an idea of what else was to come, she said he would come that weekend. and he did!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

amp Guest

Ooooh...you're almost there! Happy labor vibes coming your way!

scubagear Guest

Can I ask you what 'show' is?

KMommie Guest

I had my membranes stretched or pulled or whatever when I was 1 cm dialated at 39 weeks. Ouch! A week later, my OB couldn't believe I wasn't in labor yet, I had only progressed to 2 cm. By 41 weeks I was done, even if DD wasn't. I begged to be induced. I will say that after the stretching of the membranes or whatever, I did have some pretty hard contractions for the next couple of days, and some bleeding and I think I even lost part or all of my mucous plug.

Good luck to you!

Jeannie
    mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Congratulations! Show is the mucous-y blood that occurs just before or in early labor (when your cervix start to dilate more).
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

KGoes Guest

I was not that ready to go after my water broke until I had been on ever-increasing doses of pitocin for over 10 hours.
    Make sure your bags are packed!
    Good luck!! Come back and tell us all about your beautiful new baby!
    Kelley
    DD born 7/30/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast