Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default YoBaby - How long outside the fridge?

Sophie's really into the whole YoBaby thing. How long can an unopened container stay outside the fridge if I want to take it with when we go out shopping??

I've been afraid to take it with me, but I saw a Mommy in the mall yesterday feeding her baby yogurt.

It would save me having to buy Sophie her own turkey sandwiches at Au Bon Pain ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Default RE: YoBaby - How long outside the fridge?

I'm no expert on these things but I would think that yogurt would certainly be able to last a few hours (3-4) outside of the fridge, assuming it's not a hot day. I definitely take YoBabys along for my son when we go out and have never had a problem.

Laurel
    Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would think that 3-4 hours is safe. But why not just pack a small cooler bag with an ice pack?

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

That's what we do. I have the little ice packs and small tote that came with one of the formula company's bags they give at the hospital. It keeps the yogurt nice and cool for a long time.

Lisa

Beth-

I've considered packing an additional cooler pack, but since I've already got one with bottles, and my dipe bag is at maximum capacity, I was hoping to minimize the whole sherpa experience ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Will it fit in there with the bottles? When Sarah started solids, I used one side of the bag for a bottle and the other side for a yogurt and a small Rubbermaid container (with cereal or veggies). But I used skinny bottles, so that may not work with Avent or other wider bottles.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

This is a little OT, but where do you buy the YoBaby yogurt? Is it in with the regular yogurt at the grocery store? (And do they sell it at the regular chain stores, or only at more specialty type markets like Whole Foods, etc.?)

Also, is there something special about the YoBaby yogurt versus regular yogart? Just curious. I've seen it mentioned several times on these boards, but I've never seen it advertised, so I was just wondering! :)

TIA,
    Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

jubilee Guest

I buy it at Safeway or Albertsons, right next to the regular yogurt. Yo-Baby is made by Stonefield Farms. It is organic and made with whole milk, not low-fat. It's sold in a six pack of 4 ounces each, so it's a smaller size than regular yogurt. But you pay for the "convenience" of the smaller containers, I'm sure it is cheaper to buy a large 32 ounce size of Stonefield Farms vanilla yogurt and just scoop out what you need.

mom2kandj Guest

Jennifer -

In SoCal, we find it at Ralphs, Whole Foods, and Henry's. We actually buy the soy version which goes by the name O'Soy. For us, it is on the sweeter side and is more like a pudding than a tart yogurt. FWIW - we buy the strawberry/peach pack. The chocolate O'Soy is NOT appealing at all! YUCK! Oh and Stonyfield farms also makes their yogurt in smoothie form also. I know that Luvbeinmama's DS loves it and she is up in your area, so she might be able point you towards the right store! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
    & Jack (19 months)

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Thanks for the info.! I'll have to take a look for it on my next shopping trip.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast