Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default "No-Show" /T-shirt Nursing Bras?

I'm looking for a 38E T-shirt style padded, smooth nursing bra, preferably not underwire. Any recomendations? I keep seeing smooth microfiber softcups, but after ordering them, the fabric is so thin, my nipples show thru. I need a no-headlight look :)
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: "No-Show" /T-shirt Nursing Bras?

Good luck. I think that these are hard to find because the flaps wouldn't move out of the way easily when they are padded. Now that DS2 is only nursing a few times a day, I just wear a regular bra for the no-headlights look and unfasten it in back for access when needed (before nap, bedtime, so not in public these days).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

This might fit the bill. i noticed it in the new Motherwear catalog. I don't own it, so I'm not sure how thick the padding is.
    http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/50/sid/6152

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the melinda G t-shirt nursing bra. It's very nice but not very padded, though the cups are thicker than my Anita 4075 which is also seamless. I think that one would be your best bet if you want a softcup. Target also has a new line of nursing bras that are microfiber softcup and quite seamless. If you are willing to go underwire, I love my medela seamless underwire bra!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a great one, but it was underwire. I'll see if I can find it and tell you what kind it was.

ETA: Leading Lady style #410

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg

dsb22 Guest

I have had the same problem. I also have the Leading Lady 410 and it accomplishes what you're asking. On the plus side, it's quite confortable and I can nurse in it. I had trouble getting the right size because it runs really large; I'm usually a 36C and ended up in a 34B in this one. Also I feel like the padding makes me look larger than an I am, which I'm not crazy about (I'm petite so it looks out of proportion).
    I don't know if this would work for you, but my latest solution to the problem is to put the thinnest Lansinoh pads inside Lily Padz. (If you haven't seen them, the latter are these curved plastic things that are supposed to stop leakage with pressure to the nipple.) I don't quite trust the Lily Padz by themselves, but having the Lansinoh pads inside of them takes care of that and the Lily Padz keep the Lansinoh pads from showing through my single layer bras.

I have tried on numerous styles, and haven't liked any of them for one reason of another. It's hard doing mail order, because everything runs so differently sized. I've bought and returned one size only to order and return a different size. I'm sick and tired of it! Maybe if I lived by a store that carried them all it would have been different.

So, alas, it's 4 new Bravados for me, to replace my 4 that I've been wearing for the last year--yikes!

I will come back and add the list of what I've tried when I have time, in case anyone else is looking for that same type of bra. They are out there, but hard to find the right fit.
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would definitely be interested in what you have tried and your thoughts on them. I am also on a search for a t-shirt bra. I have a hard enough time finding a nursing bra in my size let alone a t-shirt bra.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: No-Show/T-shirt Nursing Bras?

I have issues with this too, especially since all I wear is nude and so few come in nude. However, I have found that the Anita 5049 is lightly lined and does help with the headlights, but it only comes in white. It's thinner than Medela but better for headlights than my old Bravado.

They run a bit small both cup and band--I'm a 36C in Medela and a 38D in the Anita, but they're super smooth under tees and have great support for a no-wire. I order from herroom.com since they have free shipping and decent customer service on returns.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew, 5/03 and Daniel, 6/07!

Default RE: No-Show/T-shirt Nursing Bras?

Okay, I remembered I was going to come back and lis the bras I've tried. I've actually found a few I like now! Woo-hoo!
    (no-show refers to nipple coverage aka the headlights look ;)).

*Bravado Lifestyle Microfiber Bra--www.nestmom.com now has sizes up to 40F. Has a nice, thin amount of padding for "no-show". Nice and comfy, reasonably priced too.

*Bella Materna--LOVE the fit and feel of these bras. The are a bit pricey though $52-$64.
    -Padded bra: wow, it's the only truely foam padded nursing bra I have found. They go up to 40E. Looks nice under my form fitting shirts.
    -Underwire Seamless bra: Has two layers of microfiber, gives a nice smooth look, but not completely "no-show". Amazingly comfortable for an underwire bra--and I normally hate underwires.
    -Ruched clip bra: Cute, comfy, seamless, softcup, 2 layers like the above mentioned bra. This bra runs small. I normally wear a 38E, and the 40E still feels a tad small. Not my favorite for this reason. But if I were say, a 38DD, this bra would rock!

*Anita Microfiber Bra 5049: has a nice thin amount of padding, is comfortable, and is good for no-show. Runs a tad small in the cup size.

Hmmm, I know I've tried several other brands of smooth/seamless Anita bras, but cannot remember which they were now. Needless to say, I returned all the others because they had no padding and showed everything beneath my T-shirts.
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast