Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High Chairs

Sabba Guest

Default High Chairs

We are considering getting the Peg Perego Prima Pappa but have heard negative things about its cleanability and restraint. We love the "look" but are worried about the function. Comments, please!

Sabba

Default RE: High Chairs

Sabba: Yes, we get that feedback that the Pappa is hard to clean. A similar model in terms of features is the Chicco Mama but it is easier to clean!

Hope that helps,
    Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BABY BARGAINS
    Email: [email protected]. Web:

mikkim Guest

I have the Prima Pappa and really really wish I had purchased a different high chair. It is very difficult to clean (particularly the white leatherette, which I have.) There are so many crevices for food to get into that to really clean it I have to scrub it with a brush. Plus, crumbs get behind the seat cover somehow! The other thing I don't like about the chair is that until my son was 18 months old, the tray was way too high for him.

The two advantages are the folding feature (which I don't even use) and the ability to adjust the height of the seat.

alexmom Guest

I have the Chicco Mama high chair and I absolutely LOVE it!! It is pretty easy to clean, it reclines, it rolls, it folds up, and the height is adjustable. Since it folds, it fits in our car easily and we take it to friends' houses for dinner sometimes. I also love the fact that it is on wheels because we live in on an Air Force base and I have a tiny kitchen - I can roll the chair into the kitchen and feed my baby or clean the chair, then roll it back to its corner. It's a little expensive, but for me well worth the money.

Marimar Guest

Default just bought ours last week...

and I am am having second thoughts. I like all the features, although dd doesn't feed herself anything but finger food so we are not at the "very messy eating stage" yet and wouldn't be able to comment on the cleanability issue.

However, dd has hit herself on the head a few times. See to be at just the right height to feed her while I am comfortable sitting in a regular chair I have to lower the height of the (dd's) seat and it just happens that the legs/frame joint is at the level of her head. When she wiggles around or shakes her head strong (while playing around) she bumps it on the legs/frame. Needless to say we will be returning it.

The tray is also a little on the high side, but dd has adjusted fine to that aspect. I like the five point restraint, although dd is one year old and we don't really have a need for it anymore...I would think that would have been useful if we used it from the time she was a newborn/young infant. I wish there were a way to detach the shoulder straps.

slepatel Guest

Have used the Prima Pappa for the last ten months for my 16 month old daughter. The straps and post btwn the legs work well to keep her secure without being cumbersome to get her in and out. (older models did not have the center post) It is a pain in the neck to clean. If you are a stay at home mom and will have to be cleaning this thing three times a day (or more with snack times!)see if there is another choice that meets your needs. I have threatened to toss it and buy a wooden highchair with all smooth surfaces to clean. I really dont think kids sit in the chairs for long enough periods to really need all that padding anyway. My friend who works 4 days a week and only serves one meal in it on those days does not seem to mind the cleaning. I dont use the wheels or fold it up even though I have a small kitchen. I have not needed to use the height adjustment yet.

Mammaluna Guest

Default Go with the CHICCO MAMMA

I too considered the Perego but when I saw it at the store I immediately changed my mind. I couldn't believe it was so expensive when it appeared so average in construction. As a matter of fact the store model seemed rather unsteady. I was disappointed by the looks of this highchair and could not understand why anyone would spend that much money on it.
    I decided to buy the Chicco Mamma high chair(sight unseen) online and hope for the best. I had a coupon so I figured it was worth a shot besides if it turned out to be the same quality as the Perego at least I would have paid less($110.00 with coupon). Boy, was I thrilled when I removed it from the box. It is much nicer than the Perego and better constructed in my opinion. The seat reclines to three different positions and it has six height adjustments. There is also a five point harness and a chair insert for smaller babies. My son has not begun solids yet but I use the chair all the time. He sits in it while we have dinner and when I'm cooking. He even naps in it and looks so comfortable! We recently had guests with a toddler who used the chair and clean up was a breeze. The model I have has an ivory tray which doesn't show up every little stain. I am so happy I decided to purchase the Chicco Mamma and considering what I paid for it I feel it was a true bargain.
    I also own the Chicco Bouncer Seat(love it!) and the Chicco Hook on High Chair(haven't used it yet). I love the Chicco products so much I'm considering purchasing a Chicco 2002 stroller but I haven't found any opinions so I'm holding off.
    Good luck!

Default RE: Go with the CHICCO MAMMA

Where did you find the Chicco Mamma? What on-line store carries them? Thanks!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Where did you find the Chicco Mamma? What on-line store carries them? Thanks!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

joodyjr Guest

I also have a Chicco Mamma and I love it. My son isn't eating solids yet, but I put him in the chair when I'm cooking or whatever and he loves "talking" to me! The recline is great!

Look at Comfortliving.com $149.95 (cheapest I saw) w/free shipping
    I got mine on ebay for $120.. but I just checked and they don't have any.
    I prefered the chicco over peg perego because the seat was wider in Chicco.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast