Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    venka Guest

Default Anyone heard of ShowerBaby (baby changing table/bath w/sprayer) and is it worth the $$$?

I stumbled into this website (http://www.babidet.com) a few months ago and have been trying to find opinions about ShowerBaby - formerly called Babidet - on the net, but there is nothing out there - which leads me to believe that the product is either too new, or badly marketed, or doesn't work well. I'm hoping it's not the latter.

Basically it's a self-supported changing table that pulls down over the toilet and then folds up against the wall when not in use. There is a sprayer hose that attaches to the bathroom faucet (with a redirect valve for when you want to use the sink), and the water runs down a spout into the toilet. It's not cheap at $239, but they claim big savings on baby wipes and ointment over the course of baby's diapering years. They also claim it's much more hygienic than wipes and wash cloths, and prevents diaper rash.

I've never seen anything like this, and I'm curious to try one out, but not without any prior consumer reports! Anyone have ANY experience with this system? (I'm a first time mom-to-be, if you can't tell...)

I'm hoping this will be like one of those dark horse fantastic products discussed in Baby Bargains, i.e. the Swing 'n Meals. Denise and Alan, are you reading this? :)

Thanks in advance.

suzanna1000 Guest

Default RE: Anyone heard of ShowerBaby (baby changing table/bath w/sprayer) and is it worth the $$$?

I went to the website. It looks great but the bottom of the picture is cut off. If you look closer you see that it connects or drains from an attachment into the toilet. It seems unsanitary to have to pull it out of the toilet and put it back in every time. I too am eager to hear comments from someone who has used this.

pregoamanda Guest

Default RE: Anyone heard of ShowerBaby (baby changing table/bath w/sprayer) and is it worth the $$$?

I haven't used this product either, but I looked over the website and even watched their video. If you watch closely, you'll see that you need two hands to pull down the changing table. (One for the release button, one to pull the tray.) That, in itself, seems like a bad idea to me. Where does Baby lay while you are using both hands to set up the product??

Otherwise, it seems like a neat idea. And it might be nice to try.

BUT, how many babies really get severe diaper rash? My mother has been a foster parent for 37 infants over the past 12 years and doesn't report more than a handful of diaper rash cases (she uses disposable diapers and name-brand wipes).

The good news is, there's a 30-day money back. So if you decide to try it, let us know!

kreed_2002 Guest

Default Since I got ShowerBaby, my baby doesn’t scream bloody murder when I change him!

Everyone used to tell me that Danny was the most well behaved baby. They never had to change him.

All I had to do was to start taking off his diaper and he would start screaming as if his life depended on it. My pediatrician told me to stop using regular wipes and switch to a hospital brand. He said I also should just use warm running water if possible to clean Danny and that he would find that soothing. But the idea of putting him in the bath or holding him in the sink while he squirmed was just not the answer I was looking for. Then I got an email from a friend (one of the few close friends I’d told about Danny’s changing problem) directing me to www.smarterdiapering.com, where I saw the ShowerBaby for the first time. At first I didn’t believe it was for real. I mean, there’s a video of a baby being changed and the baby is smiling and laughing. Yeah, right.

But there was a 30-day guarantee and I was at the end of my rope. So I swallowed my doubt, forked over my $200+ dollars and waited. In fact, I waited for three weeks. If I’d known ahead of time what a difference it would have made in my life and in Danny’s life, I’d have walked to wherever it comes from to pick it up sooner!

So here’s the big review: Danny loves changing time. I strap him onto the ShowerBaby, take off his soiled diaper, and as I start to spray him clean with warm water he just starts to giggle (think about it). Now when people tell me that Danny is the most well behaved baby, I just smile and tell them, “He certainly is.”

kreed_2002 Guest

I am a happy owner of one! I am not sure what is shown on the picture but a "waste shoot" that drops down from the bottom of ShowerBaby when you lower it for use is NOT touching anything in the toilet bowl. It ends about 2 inches above the water level.

Hope this helps!

-Kim

kreed_2002 Guest

I bought my ShowerBaby from a different site - www.BabysFirstSpa.com -but the one I got does not have any buttons and is totally operational with just one hand!

:)Kim

Hi,
    I know you posted this a couple of years ago. I looking into the Showerbaby myself and was wondering if you ended up buying one and what you think about it. Is it as functional as it looks on the video? Was it worth the space and investment? I would love to hear your feedback.
    Thanks,
    Gaby

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Please stop advertising!

THIS MESSAGEBOARD IS NOT FOR ADVERTISING.

Venka - you posted this exact question, having "stumbled" across this website, 4 years ago.
    Kreed_2002 - you have been posting since 2002, and have only posted on this product.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but, somehow, I doubt it.

Default I don't think the RECENT post was advertising...

hwin--

Usually, I wouldn't respond, but the message was brought back during someone else's search. You'll notice that this was all posted back in '02 and only one person responded today which brought it to the top of the board.

While it may have been an ad 3 years ago, I don't think it is now.

Don't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to point it out.
    --Julie
    Proud Mommy of C & W
    Owner, Precious Personalities
    My blog (which desparately needs to be updated)

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: I don't think the RECENT post was advertising...

You're absolutely right.
    I didn't see that this thread was "bumped up" from so long ago.
    I still do believe that one of those earlier posters was a spammer, but it is not an issue with the poster who bumped it up, as she was just looking for info. Too bad we have no info on this product besides some advertising.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast