I bought the Prima Pappa because it seemed like the safest thing out there (the bar between the legs, the 5 point harness, the very stable base). But cleaning it is a NIGHTMARE. The worst thing is that the straps can't be removed for cleaning. I got so sick of cleaning it by hand that I put the whole thing in the shower. Well, the straps must have gotten moldy or something because they developed a really nasty smell. I called Peg Perego and made a big stink (pun intended) and they sent me another Prima Pappa frame. I removed the cover, wheels, and tray from the old frame and started using the new one. And now I've got the SAME PROBLEM again. I didn't even put it in the shower this time, I just used a steam cleaner to get the food mess off the straps. I can't believe they make a high chair without removable straps that you could just toss in the wash. I've been debating what to do next. Am trying to put the chair in the sun to see if that will get rid of the odor (it worked on the first frame, which I still have). Anyway, I'm getting REALLY sick of this and debating just getting a Graco neat seat of some kind. I find them ugly and wonder if they're as stable as the Perego, and also how they are from a cleaning perspective. Any experiences out there??? Thanks! Martha