ncmomma Guest

Default any feedback on the regalo high chair?

At Target today I saw a high chair that looks great. It is by Regalo and seems like a knock off of a Chicco Mamma or Prima Pappa. It is a better price $99 and includes a feature that adjusts the tray closer to the baby (a problem with many high chairs I have seen/read about especially the Evenflo knock off). Has anyone heard or and/or used this seat? I also saw it on the Right Start website.

Thanks!!

Jackie Guest

Default RE: any feedback on the regalo high chair?

I would like some info on this chair also. I need all of the features that this chair has. Is it good? How close does the tray go? I have tried the Pappa and Mamma and have had problems with both.

soontobee Guest

This question was asked a few posts ago, here's my latest take on the regalo that I posted before:

I recently saw this high chair at a local baby shop. I was very impressed with the quality of construction and design. The regalo has all the options the mamma & pappa have and functions easily. Plus its 50 bucks cheaper than the others. The mechanical movements of the chair worked easily & was simple to operate. I am definitely considering this high chair for our little one. At 100 bucks its fairly reasonable...

Cheers,
    STB

BTW, we liked this chair so much we registered for it for our little one...Why spend more on a perego/chicco?

ncmomma Guest

Well folks... I went ahead and bought this chair. I figured it was worth a try and the savings over the other 2 more expensive ones (Chicco and Peg Perego).

So far so good. Though I have not used (or played with the other chairs so I can't make any direct comparisons. I will say that when shopping around, I did sit my son in the Evenflo chair which is similar and everyone is right -- the tray is way too far away. As for cleanup (which I know has been an issue especially with the Pappa chair), my son is only eating cereal so I don't have the mess of a self feeder yet...

Here is what I like about the Regalo:
    1. The smaller snack tray with the built in post between the legs (this is all we use since his menu is so limited)
    2. The hight and recline adjustments
    3. The tray adjusts in and out from the baby
    4. The tray stores on the back of the chair
    5. The vinyl seat so far is easy to clean
    6. The wheels

The only dislike I sort of have is the folding. I liked the concept of a folding chair but I have not really used this feature yet. It seems a little awkward to fold the chair so I have not bothered. I am curious how the folding of this chair might compare with the Chicco but again do think this feature is worth the $50+ extra.

To the Fields, I would love to know what you think of this chair. If you have not seen it, you should consider it for future editions as it seems like a very good alternative to the pricier versions.

LisaH Guest

Hi,

I am currently in the midst of buying a highchair. Never thought that it would be so confusing. When I read about the Regalo, I thought my prayers had been answered But I can not find it. I looked in my local Target, but I was not sucessful. Can anyone help me? I live in the Baltimore\Washington, DC area.

TIA,

Lisa

soontobee Guest

You can go to www.target.com and search for regalo
    All of the local targets here carry the regalo high chair...
    It is even listed in their "baby" stuff registry catalog...
    Maybe you can have your local target to have one sent to their store so you don't have to pay for shipping...

LisaH Guest

Thanks STB and NCMOMMA for your feedback on the Regalo Highchair. I was able to compare the Regalo with the Pappa and the Momma at Buy Buy Baby. I decided to go for the Momma. I felt it was the safest. I also liked the sturdier construction of the seat. I will look for your insightful advice in the future.

Lisa

soontobee Guest

Just got back from target today. They currently have the regalo high chair on clearance for $69.99 (regular price $99.99)...So we had to get one - a great deal for an excellent high chair.

It definitely is very sturdy and well designed & built. The built in snack tray is quite big - larger than any other high chair I've seen.
    Plus, it doubles as a booster chair if you remove the snack tray.

There were only 2 left at the store where we live. I guess target is no longer carrying this product.

Get a great deal while it lasts!

Cheers,
    STB

suzska Guest

I just wanted to mention that I have the Evenflo chair, and have not had any problems with the tray being too far away. My son can reach the bits of food I put on there for him without any trouble. It may be hard for a younger child, but by the time he was ready to pick up the food himself, he could (and he's on the smaller side for height and weight). Right now he loves to smack his hand on the tray and send the food flying. I don't have any real complaints about this chair.

--Sue B.
    SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

soontobee Guest

Just stopped by Target yesterday...

They now have the Regalo High Chair for $49.99...an even better deal than before!

That's 50% off regular retail...

Cheers,
    STB