Gabby29 Guest

Default Feeding my nine-month-old

My daughter is moving away from eating jarred baby food and I need some suggestions on some new things to try. She loves bananas,carrots, yougurt, whole wheat toast,etc... but I wanted to have a little more variety so she doesn't get bored. I live in CA and now that its moving into winter my fruit choices are a little less. Does any one have any suggestions???

ACinnamonGirl Guest

Default RE: Feeding my nine-month-old

Hi Gabby ~

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you, but instead wanted to ask you about what you have already been feeding your daughter. This may sound like a silly question, but how did you find out how much baby food to give your daughter? When do you know it is time to progress to the next "stage" of food?

I have a DD who is almost eight months old now. I waited until she was 6 months old before I introduced her to rice cereal twice a day. Since then I've added stage 1 jarred fruits individually to her cereal, and she also gets stage 1 veggies at lunch time. She is breastfed and gets a bottle (5 oz.) with each of these meals. I work full-time during the day, so my husband is in charge of feeding her during the day.

So far, my DD has enjoyed all her single stage 1 foods. I haven't given her any meats yet, because I wasn't sure just when her digestive system will be ready for those. She now has 6 teeth (4 on top & 2 on the bottom), so I'm thinking maybe I could start giving her those teething biscuits?

I'd appreciate any advice you might have.
    Thanks!
    Jules

mimi Guest

I used a book "Mommy Made and Daddy Too" by Martha Kimmel. It really helped me to introduce healthy food at the appropriate time.

ACinnamonGirl Guest

Thanks!
    I'll look for it at the local "Superbookstore."
    Jules