Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    1sttimemom Guest

Default F-P Healthy Care High Chair??

I'm interested in this new high chair by fisher-price, has anyone tested or used it? My Toy's R Us store has it to sell but not on display yet. It looks nice on the FP site (of course). It has towel bars, jar holder, a tray that goes in the dishwasher, 5-point restraint, vinyl coated seat and it folds! We'll be starting our 4 month old on cereal and want to buy soon. It's $69.99 at TRU. Any advice or users of this seat? http://www.fisherprice.com/us/babyge...did=9222&c=bgh

mommymaria Guest

Default RE: F-P Healthy Care High Chair??

We bought the Healthy Care High Chair for my son last week. Before purchasing, I read up on the chair on the F-P website and tested out all of the features on the display at Toys 'R Us. It is sturdy, designed well, and easy to use. The one handed tray release and seat back positioner really do work with one hand, as opposed to some of the others out there. Assembly was fairly straightforward, and the only thing I stumbled with a bit was the seat cover and belts. But once I saw how it worked it will be easy to remove and replace again after washing.

We are only using the chair for a few days but are happy so far. My husband, myself and my mother have all put my son in and out of the seat with no problems and have found it comfortable to feed him.

Have you bought a high chair yet? If not, hopefully this little bit of info helps.

1sttimemom Guest

I just purchased the F-P high chair at TRU myself. I decided I liked the features, price and pattern- we chose the elephant. So far, so good. I put it together easily (I did notice the display at Wal-Mart was incorrectly assembled so that the seat slid side to side- rather irresponsible of them since I left thinking the hair chair wasn't sturdy.) Our daughter has only played with toys on the tray but it fits her well. I almost bought the Evenflo but had heard too many complaints of the tray being too high. The other runner-up was regalo, but the snack tray doesn't come off- pretty hard to get a larger baby in and out of. Glad to hear you like it!

tucker Guest

I did a lot of research as well and wasn't even considering this chair, but when we compared it to the other models, decided to go with it and absolutely love it. It is much easier to operate than the Peg Perego, Chicco, and Evenflo, which were the most recommended brands (according to what I found). I'm not one to spare any expense and would gladly have paid $200 for the best, but I didn't have to. This one was the best, and unbelievably, the least expensive too!

My daughter is pretty small and it fits her perfectly. It is easy to clean and my husband loves the fact that you can put the tray on by setting it directly on the armrests and pushing down(rather than having to slide it into holes in the front of the armrests). The only possible drawback is that it doesn't have wheels. At first I thought I would want wheels, but after looking at them on the models, decided they might be more hazardous than helpful.

Good Luck!

HappyMommy Guest

I am also considering this chair after looking at more expensive models. My son is 20 lbs at 6 months, do you think it would fit a bigger baby? Also, does it store compactly? I tried my son out in a chicco mamma b/c it is supposed to be a bigger seat, but it didn't seem that spacious for him anyway.

Thank you

mommymaria Guest

My son is 18 lbs at 5 months and fits comfortably with room to spare. The seat is nice and sturdy, which is good since he is a really active guy!

I have not seen the Chicco Mamma folded to compare, but the F-P folds easily and compactly.

LMO Guest

Just wanted to check in with those of you who recently purchased this chair... how is it working out? do you still like it? I'm trying to decide between this and the chicco mamma.

tarheelmom Guest

We purchased this chair about a month ago for our now 6 month old ds, who weighs over 21 pounds. We would highly recommend it! It is easily wiped clean and the plush vinyl seat wipes clean also. Our son seems very comfortable in it and the 5-point harness is nice. We have some friends who got it on our recommendation and they love it, too. This is a great high chair!

mommymaria Guest

Just wanted to second the tarheelmom's opinion. We are very happy with this chair for the same reasons. Also, it fits nicely at our table and folds compactly into the corner of our dining room.

ecarley Guest

I might be a bit late to this conversation, but I just wanted to chime in that I LOVE LOVE LOVE our new high chair. The adjustments are easy, the tray is easy to get on and off, and the 5 point restraint keeps my little squirmer extra secure. The tray insert that goes into the dishwasher is a godsend. However, it's a bit of a tight fit, so it might not fit into all dishwashers.

My only complaint is that the jar holder is only as big as baby food jars, and won't hold a can of pop, a feeding bowl, or a toy. What would be more useful would be a hook to hang bibs or cleanup rags.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast