tilly2321 Guest

Default Graco Pack N Play

Help someone! I want to purchase the Pack N Play (3 way I think). Can someone tell me if their are major benefits to the 5 way. I want something that is easy to travel with and will also have the parent organizer, full size bassinet, and changing station. Is the canopy with the detachable toy bar necessary? What do you all think? Is their one that is easier for travel than any of the others? ALso, can you buy the parent organizer separately if you wanted to buy one of the other versions? Thanks!
    Elaine

TracyA Guest

Default RE: Graco Pack N Play

We have a Graco 3-way. I use the changing table feature constantly (with the parent organizer), and the bassinet feature, since my dd is one month old. We haven't traveled with it yet, but my sister-in-law used hers as a travel crib for both her children and loved it. I don't have any need for the canopy and toy bar. The pack n play has wheels. If she's in a spot that's too sunny, I just move the pack n play. And we have plenty of toys for her already. You CAN order all the extra features later. There is an order form in the instruction booklet.

Hope this helps!

suzska Guest

We have a Pack N Play with the half bassinet--I thought I would just carry that part outside instead of the whole thing. Never did. Probably should have gotten the full bassinet as someone suggested to me (because my son outgrew the small one too fast), but I really wanted the Sawgrass pattern to match my stroller. :-) We never needed the canopy since I never took it outside. I thought I would use the changing station, because I was going to keep it downstairs, and my son's room is upstairs. I didn't use the changing station once. We live in a Cape Cod, and it was just easier to carry him upstairs then I thought it would be and didn't have to worry about two Diaper Genies, etc. Also, our doorways are a little narrow, so wheeling it from room to room was not an option, or as easy as I thought it might be, which is part of the reason it never made it outside.

Hindsight, as they say....

--Sue B.
    SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

acadiaphile Guest

We have the 5-way PNP and have used it a lot. We used the bassinet with the canopy and toy bar as our dd's primary crib/bassinet until she was about 3 mos. old. We've also used when we've gone on several overnight trips. So far we haven't yet used the changing table, nor the parent organizer. The detachable toy bar is a nice feature when traveling since our dd likes to look at the little critters dangling. (I've also taken items off the Gymini and added them from time to time for variation.

I've seen some PNP's that have the option of a wheeled carrying bag. Ours doesn't have that and I think it'd be a good idea. I also recommend that you get extra sheets--including a waterproof one--for it if you're planning to use it a lot as a bassinette. I found that other bassinette sized sheets do NOT fit snugly (and therefore, safely) so we had to use the PNP sheets.

Hope this helps.