Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    m2tandk Guest

Default RE: Bottle warmer advice needed!

I always warmed my babies bottles. Maybe it was my grandmothers influence, but my kids seemed to like it better than even room temperature bottles. Breast milk is body temperature, isn't it?? It just made sense to warm them to me. I used a Gerber bottle warmer and hated it, so we just used a pot of hot water and let the bottle sit for a few minutes. It does take a bit longer though. I have heard breat things about the Avent warmer though. When I have another child, I definitely will warm bottles. My kids took to cold milk just fine after they had warmed bottles.

Good luck to you!

Kelly

Compuhorsy Guest

I purchased the one from First Years but took it back because I was afraid of steam burns. I then got the Avent model and we like it very much. I did not like to run the tap to get hot water. We also take it in our van and plug it into an AC/DC converter. I just travel with a bottle of water to use in it. Talk about lunch on the run. ;-)

Dana
    Starting over after 11 years!
    Starting over after 11 years!

mystrelady Guest

My DD is now almost 20 months old, so we have been off formula for a long time. I bought a bottle warmer and hated it. Never seemed to really work. We got into the habit of bringing upstairs every night 2 bottles filed with room temperature filtered water and one of those 3 compartment powdered formula containers filed with enough powdered formula for 2 bottles. When she woke up, we'd just have to pour one compartment's worth of formula powder into the premeasured water bottle and shake. We used Enfamil w/ Iron and never had a problem with it mixing completely, no clumps. I traveled with my bottles premeasured like this too. Way cheaper than the powder travel packs or ready to feed formula, and way easier than worrying about keeping the bottles cool or reheating them. DD was perfectly happy. Like the others said, she now drinks milk, and it's always cold right from the fridge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3