Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    anissarocks Guest

Default Chicco Mamma - is this true?

I was reading reviews about the Chicco Mamma on Amazon.com and saw this review. Can some one tell me if this is true?

"We bought the Chicco Mamma after reading of the features and positive reviews on this site. Bottom line - we are pleased with the adjustability, sizing and features EXCEPT ONE. Chicco has (arbitrarily?) changed the chair design so that it no longer allows the tray to hang on the chair. So you have a nice, folded, out-of-the-way chair and an awkward, where-do-you-put-it tray. Chicco USA blames Chicco Italy, and I feel that Chicco Italy should have/could have found a way to make it work. Thumbs-down on this aspect only"

Thanks,
    Anissa Cordova

SylviaC Guest

Default RE: Chicco Mamma - is this true?

Yeah, it's pretty much right. When the chair is folded up there isn't a place to hang the tray. I just stick mine sideways between the seat back and the top of the leg - it does the job for me. I honestly don't "store" it much - it usually sits out most days so it isn't really a problem for me. If you have a small house it may be a bit more bothersome.
    Sylvia

We purchased ours about a month ago and it has little knobs on the back of the chair where the tray hooks on. It doesn't work that well, but the knobs are there! I'm not sure why the other poster doesn't have them. Maybe there were different lots? Ours is not the new model that just came out with the plastic toys. Hope that helps.

zane Guest

My friend bought hers recently, and although it says it will on the box, it does not hold the tray on the back. She is bummed out by this. Still, i think it is a great looking high chair, nicer than my new peg.
    zane

heather10 Guest

Mine doesn't have it either, but I don't put mine away so it is not a big deal for me. Mine was 'supposed' to be a new one, but maybe not? I don't have the toys people are talking about either!

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have the new one with the toys (and I love it!), and it does not have a place for the tray. He's too young to use the tray yet anyway, so we just leave it in the closet.

LMO Guest

I just bought the 2001 Grey Horizon model from Babies R Us. Despite the fact that the floor model had the pegs on the rear legs to hold the tray, the drawing on the box had the pegs, and the instructions state that the tray can be hung on the pegs, my chair does not have the pegs.

I contacted Chicco USA, and they said that Chicco Italy has stopped putting the pegs on the high chairs, though they have not changed the box or the instructions on the older models. The stores were asked not to have floor models with pegs displayed, but Chicco admits that lots of stores still show the model with the pegs.

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just bought the Grey Horizon as well and was confused about the pegs. I emailed Chicco and got the following response.

"Thank you for your inquiry. I am sorry but the pegs are no longer manufactured on the back of the legs of the high chair.

Chicco only has one high chair the Chicco Mamma. Chicco introduced three new seat cover patterns and with those three seat cover patterns a new tray. THis tray has an activity center on it that can be covered with another clear tray when the child eats. This new tray is only available with the three new seat cover patterns and is not sold separately. The new tray is to heavy to hang on the back of the high chair so, Italy stopped putting the pegs on all the high chairs not just the ones with the new tray.

The three new seat cover patterns with the new tray can be found in stores in NJ, NY, CA CT, NH, WI, NC, PA, IL "

I still don't understand why our model doesn't have the pegs since it came out a year before the newer model with the toys!
    Susan
    Mom to 3 boys

LMO Guest

I thought this explanation was a little weak too, but I guess they're still making some of the 2001 models. A salesman in a different store told me that Chicco would be carrying over the Chamir, Amore, and Space Odyssey patterns from 2001 without the toy tray. My guess would be that Grey Horizon is also a carry-over, but he didn't know about it since only BabiesRUs carries that pattern.

So, basically, it seems like they've redesigned the basic chair with NO pegs to accomodate the new tray, are offering this new chair and new tray in the new patterns. However, they're also putting the old tray and some of the old patterns on this new "pegless" chair -- but not updating the packaging or instructions.

Lins Guest

I'm confused now. I went by BRU the other night to look at the Chicco. Sure enough, no pegs were on the demo. They only had the gray horizon. I decided to go to our local Right Start store to find out what Chicco was doing.

The Right Start salespeople were very helpful in the selection of our stroller, so I had to ask them. When I got to the store, guess what? Their new Chiccos' all have the pegs! The manager checked everyone of their new shipment of highchairs. All of them had the pegs for the tray. Could it be that only BRU's gray horizon are missing the pegs? Maybe that color is available to BRU. I guess I'll be buying our highchair from Right Start.

BTW, does anyone know if Chicco has the removeable lightweight tray that goes over the tray like Peg Perego has now. That seems alot easier to move around that the heavy tray. I don't think Chicco's new tray with the post can fit in the dishwasher for periodic cleaning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast