nofeea is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Calling all PP Pappa owners...

I asked this question already embedded in another post, but maybe this is a more direct "poll"... Is your Pappa high chair as hard to clean as the rumors suggest? (If enough people answer this, maybe those of us still agonizing over this decision will know how big -or small-an issue this is...)

Also, do you have vinyl/leatherette? fabric?

Default RE: Calling all PP Pappa owners...

We have the Pappa in Neptune Blue. It is a vinyl cover and has been easy to clean so far.
    Michelle
    Mom to Kirsten and Kyle

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the one with the fabric cover. I do not find it that hard. I wipe the fabric off after each meal and then throw it in the was every so often. There is vinyl underneath so if I do not get it back on right away it is not that big of a deal. I like the option of throwing it in the wash. It looks brand new when it comes out.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

SophiasMom Guest

I have the same one in charcoal/sable. I have had it for almost a month now. I have been very happy with the HC overall. It has been very easy to clean. I wipe it off each time and throw it in the wash sometimes. The great thing too is the grey plastic legs and tray - I don't have to worry about stains. The tray is also dishwater safe. I got it at baby catalog of america. If you get a 1 yr membership you save 10% off anything and everything for a year. Plus I got free shipping at the time. They have most brands/styles so you may want to check there no matter which chair you buy. Good Luck!

Wow- so far no cleaning complaints...
    Where are all the people who have a hard time cleaning it? Wasn't that the reputation that got this chair downgraded in the latest BB Book edition?

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Some friends of ours have the Pappa, we have the Mamma, so I don't say this with total authority, but here's what I think is going on.

There is nothing difficult about cleaning the surface of the Pappa from day-to-day use. However, the Pappa has nooks and crannies that make cleanup more difficult than it should after a major spit-up (or major spill that involves fluids).

The Mamma design is one that is more like a bowl with a cover. After a major spill, cleanup is as simple as removing the cover and wiping it down, and wiping out the contents of the bowl.

The only thing we have ever had difficultly cleaning on th Mamma has been the harness after a spit-up. Because the weave of the harness is very three diminsional, the only real way to clean it IF it gets dirty is remove it and clean it with running water.

Daily use cleanember about the Pappa, the cleaning issue

Does anyone know if the "leatherette" is any more difficult to clean than the regular vinyl?

mam615 Guest

No problems so far. I think the big complaint is with the straps, but I try to keep them covered with a large bib.