cagirl7 Guest

Default BeBe Sounds Angelcare sound and movement monitor

Does anyone have this monitor? How do you like it? I'm going to be a first time (nervous) mom so I've been considering this monitor so that I'll be able to get some sleep. Also, do you know if they work in play yard bassinets???

Donna

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: BeBe Sounds Angelcare sound and movement monitor

I have it. I love it. I was just saying to my husband last night I am so glad we have it, it gives us more peace of mind. Especially when he was younger even more so. It does give us occassional false alarms now that he is older and more mobile but that is a minor inconvienence. I think we may have actually gotten a "real" alarm when he was a newborn, so this makes it even more valuable to me.

I don't think it would work in a play yard bassinet, it has to have a really hard surface underneath for the detection pad to be placed (like a piece of plywood if your crib doesn't have a wooden bottom). Maybe, possibly on the bottom of the acutal play yard itself, but I'm still not sure on that. I have only used it in the crib.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

agomalley Guest

I have it and love it, too! It has given us so much peace of mind. We've also had false alarms, but that's because DS scoots himself all the way down to one end of his crib and it doesn't detect as well there. I'd much rather have the false alarms, though, because I know it is working. I think it is well worth the extram $$$ :) Good Luck!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have the Safety 1st Anglecare one- sound and movement monitor- I think its the same- and love it! We live in an apt and there is no interference. I got it on Babyage.com for 59.99 - about half the price of Babies R Us.

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the BebeSounds monitor and love it for the peace of mind factor alone. We have gotten some false alarms (he's a roller and like the corners of the crib) but I'd rather have some false alarms than no alarms. The down side to the monitor as I see it are 1) you only get one receiver and 2) you have to turn the monitor off before or shortly after picking the baby up. But that's well worth the trouble IMO.

MaddyBlues Guest

If this is the Safety 1st one it's on BabyAge.Com for $49.00!!!

We have twins coming - any way to use 2 of these units concurrently?

Thx

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If this is the one you are talking about

[link:www.babyage.com/product_details.asp?productId=2485|Angelcare monitor at BabyAge.com]

then it looks almost identical to the one I have. It looks like they have updated the base unit, and mine has continuous volume control rather than 3 distinct levels.

I would *think* you could use 2 at the same time, because there is an "A" channel and a "B" channel (to prevent interference from the neighbors' monitors). So if you use one channel for one baby and the other channel for the other baby I would imagine it would work. On mine, the only problem with that would be is that there is no permanent setting on the base unit or receiver for the channel selection. Basically, the on/off button also selects the channel, depending on which way you slide the switch. So you would have to remember to turn one baby's monitor on one direction and the other on the other direction. Maybe they have updated that, it is hard to tell from the picture. But I think you would get used to it quickly even if it was still the way mine is. I would try it for that price - that is 1/2 of what I paid! Plus you could return one or both if it didn't work.

Good luck!

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02