Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    starrynight Guest

Default Little People Fans confess!

Okay who buys little people sets for their kids but really buys them for themselves? ;) I am obsessed! LOL I can't help it those sets are so darn cute.

Did you have any sets as a kid?

Which sets do you currently have and which ones do you want?

I had the garage (well my brother actually but I played too!) and the dollhouse. Boy do I wish I still had them :(.

My kids have the newer sets:

Home sweet home dollhouse
    fire and rescue set
    funpark (the big rollercoaster)
    noah's ark
    christmas village
    For xmas next year Daria is getting the fun sounds train (I already bought it LOL)

I want to get the nativity, airport and maybe the garage. I am trying not to buy them all for space reasons but I really do want them all.

I went to target today and all the xmas sets were on sale so I bought the christmas village and 2 pack of ornaments that came with a video. I put them away for next christmas. I paid $9.99 for the village and $9.00 for the ornament set. And their other toys were on sale 30% off so I picked up the fun sounds train for $13.99, I haven't seen that set anywhere else so I grabbed it. Dh was ready to kill me when he saw me with more little people stuff in the cart ;).

Default RE: Little People Fans confess!

Yep, that would be my DH! For Christmas DD got the farm, farmer's market gift set from Kohls (it came with a video), horse stable, and musical tractor. DH had fun setting up the enitire "farm community" Christmas Eve! I vaguely remember LP from my childhood, I can't remember which ones I had. I think it might have been an airport or maybe it was the garage. It had 2 levels with a ramp that curved down. I must say we have had fun playing with them with DD!

Lisa

jojo2324 Guest

LOL, DS got the LP Farm set this Christmas because I have such vivid memories about playing with mine! :) He also got the farmer's wife from a friend, which is nice! Unfortunately, we HAD batteries, but they were rusty for some reason (didn't check before hand), so he is without noises right now. Probably just as well, considering how noisy it's been here the past two days. He also has the LP Zoo.

I loved Little People as a child and since my birthday is in February, my bargain shopper mom would stock up at after Christmas sales and I'd get a set for all my birthdays. :)

I had the school, farm, houseboat, children's hospital, town and a another set, that escapes me at the moment. I sold the hospital, town and one more set last winter on ebay for more than $200 last winter. :D I need to sell my other three sets too..

I'm a bit of a junkie too... My girls have:

the older farm
    town
    dollhouse (these three don't talk)
    amusement park
    circus train and three accessorie circus sets
    Noah's Ark and both animal sets
    zoo and extra set
    zoo train
    Nativity set (just got this one)

I need to get my oldest the horse stable set. Guess I'll make a trip to Kohls.... LOL
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love little people! Noah's ark was a big hit with Colin this Christmas. He also has the garage, fire truck and school bus.

My parents still have the Sesame Street Club House by Little People that my brother and I played with growing up. They get it out when he comes over and Colin LOVES it. He plays more with that toy than any other toys we have. Fortunately, he has absolutely no inclination to put the people in his mouth so I'm not as worried about him choking on them since they're the smaller variety.

I have to work really hard to keep myself from buying more Little People than we have space for. :)

Kimberly H Guest

Once we get home and settled, Mia will be opening the farm, baby farm animals, ark, both sets of ark animals, and the zoo train.

"People" were my *favorite* toys as a little girl and I still miss the older style.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had quite a few growing up. I remember the school bus, the farm, the Sesame Street house (a huge favorite for us), and I'm sure that there were more. I remember the garage too that someone mentioned - that must have been little people.

Colin now has the fire truck, the fire station, the ark, the farm, and the fun park, and I have the tractor and airport stashed in the basement. I don't really want more at the moment - I'm waiting to see if Colin plays with them much, or if his train sets will rule!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

brubeck Guest

When I was a kid we had TONS of Little People stuff including the farm, the yellow-roofed house (not the similar brown-roofed cottage that came later) and the Seame Street set. We also had the BIG airplane (could hold 20 LPs at a time) and a bunch of smaller mini sets of people, vehicles, furniture, construction sets, etc. I have a bunch of it left, but mostly it's bits and pieces of these smaller sets. My kids play with the vehicles, but I still have the people put aside until Andrew turns 3 or so.

We have a LOT of LP sets now for the kids, and yesterday I got the Santa train at Target for Andrew next year ($10, who can beat that?). Over Christmas we got more LP stuff and DH asked, "So do we have the entire Little People collection now?" and I replied, "No, only about 40% of it." and he turned white. It's amazing how many things there are!

As for playing with it, I must admit to an obsession with setting up the buildings and linking them around the room with those little fences. Then I set up all the people, animals and vehicles in a tableau. I am almost disappointed when the kids come in and start playing with it!

Oh and if you are truly LP obsessed, go here and listen to the tinny song:

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/littlepeople/

It will make you grateful for the Aaron Neville version on the videos!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DD received the zoo, house and farm for Christmas. So far we have only opened the farm and she loves it. I love it to.

I think we had the farm and maybe a school as kids.

For those of you who have lots, how do you store them? I would love some input on that. Also, in the book that came with the farm there is an offer for a Little People rug for $5., does anybody have it. I thought I might order it.

Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

Those Seasame Street Little People are a HOT commodity on eBay!

I sold a set of 8 for $40, but the 12 piece sets sell for $350++!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast