Default Radio Flyer Walker Wagon or Regular Wagon??

I just read the great Christmas reviews and saw that several of you love the Radio Flyer # 12 which is the "walker" style wagon. Would you recommend getting this Radio Flyer rather than the regular wagon style one (such as the #9) or the Pathfinder Wagon? My DS is only 10 months and it looks like he'd love the # 12 but I am wondering if he'll outgrow it quickly (since it's a "walker") and so if I'm better off just getting a regular wagon that he can grow with more. . .Thanks!!

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Radio Flyer Walker Wagon or Regular Wagon??

I hope there's use after the walker stage. I would think there's atleast a push/pull stage. And it's so cute that I'll use it to store toys. My son is 9 months and he's pulling himself up on it now and then stands there pulling toys out of it.

Hopefully another mom with an older babe can answer your longevity question.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

cinrein Guest

For me the walker wagon doesn't replace a regular wagon. I think it depends on how you want to use the wagons.

My DD is just 10 1/2 mos and she got the walker wagon for Christmas. It is very small and will stay indoors. I think it will help her walk, but also can be used once she is walking as a push, pull, load and unload toy. There are other toys (like a shopping cart) that would serve this purpose---we just liked the look of the wagon. Right now the wagon is low enough that she can sit next to it and empty out blocks and other toys. The pictures of this walker wagon are deceiving---it is very small.

Once she's much older, we will may get a big traditional wagon that will be an outside toy. I like the big wagons too, but don't see using one inside the house.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

ITA - they aren't interchangeable. A regular wagon won't make a good walking toy for a new walker (though Colin loves to push his around the house - but it is big and hard to maneuver). If you want a walking toy for now, go with the Radio Flyer walker wagon. If you want a wagon for outside rides, zoo trips, etc, then a regular Radio Flyer wagon is a good choice.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009