Default In Search of Radio Flyer Stuff and other "classic" toys/decor

Hi all!!!

I am expecting a boy in April and was going to decorate his room in classic/vintage cars and trucks. After doing a lot of searching, now I am looking at possibly just going with vintage/classic toys in general - like radio flyer style items, wooden toys, etc. I would love to stick with the car/truck/wagon transporation type theme. Does anyone know where I can find some cute things for good prices? I saw a few things in Constructive Playthings catalog, but they seem expensive. A search for Radio Flyer on the net is overwhelming! Any help would be SOOO appreciative!

Thanks!
    Ronda
    Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
    and Jake due 4/28/04

aguinn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: In Search of Radio Flyer Stuff and other

ronda,

try plow and hearth (http://www.plowandhearth.com). their website doesn't have much, but their catalog (or the one i saw during the holidays) had many more radio flyer items.

great decorating idea!

;)amy
    proud momma to aidan ~ 7/29/03

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I remember seeing Radio Flyer wagons at Target and Lowes around Christmas. I saw a good deal of wooden toys at Marshalls, TJ Max, and Ross. I bought a wooden picnic basket full of fruit and veggies that you cut with a wooden knife (pretty neat because each piece has velcrow and the sound is pretty realistic when cutting) for $15.99 and then saw the same thing in a catalog for double that!
    Good hunting!

Hi Ronda,

What a great way to decorate and prepare for your son's arrival. We also love wooden toys. We have gotten some great deals on ebay, especially for radioflyer items. You might also want to check out local TJ Maxx stores, Marshalls, Tuesday Morning, etc. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Lucia,

Mom to Noah 2/09/03

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

run to your target! they have the radio flyer vintage ride-on firetruck on clearance. i saw them for $50 (in the camping section, not the toys section), and someone else on the BB posted that they were down to $25 at hers. it is truly a nice item for when the babe is 3 or so, with a ringing bell and everything. if the box wasn't so big and me so short on space, i was sooo tempted to get one to put aside...