etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Little Tikes Activity Garden : like it? indoor or outdoor? (and buzz mailbox)

thanks! (looking for bday presents for lauren)

ETA: would it be overkill to have the activity garden and the buzz around mailbox? i don't even know if we'll get either, but they were both recommended by several in a lot of birthday threads.

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Little Tikes Activity Garden : like it? indoor or outdoor? (and buzz mailbox)

We have both, and I would skip the buzz around mailbox if you are going with the activity garden. Colin got very bored with the activity garden once he started walking (though he loved pulling up on it and cruising around it) - I should pull it out again and see if he gets interested in it again...

We used it indoors.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Default RE: Little Tikes Activity Garden : like it? indoor or outdoor? (and buzz mailbox)

I'm not a huge fan of the Activity Garden. DS likes it okay, but it's not a favorite and it takes up a ton of space in the family room. His favorite part of it is the mailbox (and now climbing on it). I would think that you would only need one toy with a mailbox.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

bluej Guest

We have the buzz around mailbox and Ryden loves it. The bee can be kind of annoying, but he's not interested in the bee that much (I may remove it). He just likes to open and close the mailbox at this point and gets really excited when someone sneaks something into the mailbox.

We got the Activity Garden 5 years ago when my oldest turned 1. She still loves it, as does every child who comes to our house. Gabrielle's almost two and she loves seeing what can fit thrut he mailbox and climbing over the walls (not a problem in my book). Adrienne uses it as a horse corral or pretends to be an animal living inside it. LOL It's been in permanent residence in the corner of my living room for so long now, it's like part of the family.... LOL
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

cinrein Guest

We got the buzz mailbox for Christmas. Anna still loves it. She doesn't play with the bee much, but the 3 nesting cups and 3 "letters" are irresistable. I usually stash some other toy in the mailbox part and she loves to find different stuff in there.

I didn't get the activity garden simply because I have no where to put it. Even if I did, my house is starting to look like a plastic jungle.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have this and love it. My only regret is not getting it for her earlier (I got it when she was 18 months). She loves it and plays with it every day. It is also always a huge hit when kids come over. We have it in our family room (which is basically her play room).

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I found a used one for my son when he was under a year and not walking yet, and he loved it then - at that time he pulled up on it (and tubled over it a few times, too). now that he is almost two he still likes playing with it, and for the past many months loves to say and go in and out, open and close the door, and crawl under the tunnel part. there have been stretches of time where he hasn't played with it, but overall it is one of his favorites, and mine didn't even come with the mailbox (i had no idea it was supposed to, just picked it up cheap at a thrift shop cause it looked fun) we keep it inside, although i would be tempted to move it out now if i weren't expecting in a few weeks and didn't care about keeping it clean.

anyway, i would recommend it