abbymom Guest

Default The First Years 900MHz Attachable Monitor

Even after all of my researching different products I ended up at Babies R Us and purchased this item on impulse. I purchased this monitor for several reasons. I liked the look, it's small, the range is far, attachable, etc. Not to mention that I had a coupon and it had a $10 rebate. Now that I am home I am reading that The First Years monitors are not so hot.
    I do not have a large home. I mainly purchased it in case I had company and the door to the baby's room was closed OR if we were working in the yard. (Or to take to Grandma's house) It does not need to be fancy. Does anyone have this one or have any thoughts on it? Should I take it back and get one that is higher rated or just not worry about it because of the lack of need????
    Thank you,
    ABBYMOM

Default RE: The First Years 900MHz Attachable Monitor

Have you opened it and tried it out? If you bought it at BRU and still have the recipt they will take it back even after it's been opened and used. I have bought and returned many items to them without a question.

I have the Sony BabyCall Monitor. http://tinyurl.com/7xccy I did buy it after a lot of research and it works for us. I can go all the way out to the mailbox and still hear DS. That being said, it cost $50. I often wonder if a less expensive monitor would have worked for us. BTW, TRU is having their big sale right now. Monitors are 10% off with a coupon and coupons are availiable at the door. BRU will take TRU coupons as well. So if your monitor doesn't work than maybe you could take advantage of another sale.

HTH,
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Default RE: The First Years 900MHz Attachable Monitor

I wouldn't worry about it unless it turns out it doesn't work for you. I have this same monitor, because we only need a monitor very occasionally when we're away from home, and it works just fine for me. It has exactly the features I want (both ends will run on batteries and there's a lights-only mode). Admittedly I've had it 6 weeks and only used it three times, for a maximum of 30 minutes, but it was a life saver one of those times.