Default Will my one year old be interested in a doll?

I saw a really cool doll at KB recently. It had buttons and zippers and all kinds of fun things. I was thinking about getting the boy version for one of DS's presents. Is that a good idea? Is he too young?
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Will my one year old be interested in a doll?

I am counting on it! I bought DD this doll for her birthday (a day she shares with your adorable son)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10898.jpg The doll looks like it is dressed in Hanna

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10899.jpg This set even has a cloth diaper. How cool is that?

Gabrielle has been hugging and kissing her stuffed animals and pretending to brush Raggedy Annes hair. So I think she is ready. I think it is a gift that she will play with for a long time to come. And it is one I can keep adding to, with accessories and clothing. Fun for Gabrielle, fun for Mommy!

Rebecca, that is so cool! I LOVE the cloth diaper and Hanna-ish outfit. That is exactly why I am planning on having more children. I can't wait until i have a little girl.

Can you believe our babies are almost a year??
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

NO! I can't believe it! I am actually feeling a little sad about it. Time moves too quickly.

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've got a 9/03 babe as well and hadn't thought she be interested in dolls yet but we were at my SIL's house last week (who has 3 slightly older kids) and DD found one of her cousin's baby dolls and loved it. We had a couple dolls that DD had been given as gifts as an infant that were in her room as decoration with some stuffed animals so I just pulled them down last night.