Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default NEED: Toy Storage solutions for tiny tiny apt.

Help! We are being over-run by toys. We live in small apt. and need some help trying to figure what to do.

What storage systems do you use?

I was thinking of this...wonder if it's handy? Any other suggestions?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/15261.jpg
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default RE: NEED: Toy Storage solutions for tiny tiny apt.

My aunt has this for when her grandkids come over. It works really well for them. With the tilt, it's easy for the kids to see what toys are where. It seems to be built well, too.
    Kris

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have a system like that, except there are shelves on the top two levels, and three bins (two small, one big) on the lower two levels. It really holds a lot (books on the top, puzzles in the middle, smaller toys at the bottom) and sits pretty flush against one wall. We got ours from sears.com when it was $20 with free shipping about a year ago.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My DS has something similar in his room + it's great for storing toys. He enjoys taking the buckets off the shelf which is fun for him but somewhat defeats the purpose.

We are trying to figure out a storage solution for our family room. I don't think the bin rack will work because I'd prefer something that has doors so we don't have to look at the toys all of the time. I have yet to find anything I like that isn't too exensive.

Jenn
    DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

gracelynne Guest

I'm interested in this, too, but I fear the openness of it. I can just see DS dragging the bins off and things flying everywhere! Has anyone know where I can find a similar one with lids for the bins?

HelenD Guest

Because I have a tiny, tiny, tiny house I got some medium sized, attractive baskets from Micheals. I don't even have the wall space for that thing.

The baskets seem to work well and they are attractive. Plus I can just stack them up and put them in the closet when company comes. It's also great for rotating toys. And w/ my space limitation, if the baskets overflow-ith, I do cleaning out that gets rid of un used or out grown toys.

It's a solution that's great for folks who share their main living/entertaining space w/ the kids toys. It's an attractive alternative for a main living area for toy storage.

I got mine w/ Micheal's had a 40% off coupon and a 50% off basket sale. Watch their circular's. I got some that were lined w/ a linen liner and were closely weaved so they didn't splinter.

Good Luck.

Helen

mamagoosie Guest

You want to hear something crazy? We live in a tiny condo and use the Pack & Play as a giant toy box. We have one shelf with a couple of baskets for the most commonly-used toys and books. But the P&P works great because I can just dump everything in there--dolls, stuffed animals, balls, books, and the tape player, etc. It makes cleanup a lot easier.

Also, whenever DD sees bins like the one in the picture, she sees it as an invitation to take it and dump the contents all over the floor. With the P&P, half the fun in jumping in there are rooting around to see what toys she can find.

It's not a solution for the perfectionist organizers out there--but it helps manage our chaos!

ETA--when "fancy" company comes over, we take the P&P, contents and all into our bedroom--and presto, we have an adult living room!

Oh, i like the sears.com one...I think that might be the answer. Thanks lori :)

This is what we've got going right now. I wanted to keep our LR as adult looking yet kid friendly as possible. The idea was that we would then put the baskets in our cabinet. But, the baskets wind up set out all the time. And, becasue they are kind of deep, I think DS gets kind of turned off by the chaos of all the toys.

Not a bad idea. But our PnP is at the babysitter's for naptimes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast