Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Wooden playsets -- Woodland Fantasies

Hi all,

For all my fellow wood toy lovers, I found one of the rare Woodland Fantasies playsets on amazon.com (through an independent merchant)!

http://tinyurl.com/5j687

Neve posted about these originally (in 2003?) and I've read rave reviews of them on here. They aren't made anymore and are hard to find. I ordered this one several days ago and just got it today. I waited to post b/c the seller had some negative feedback.

It's really lovely! I can't wait to play with it!

HTH someone,

Tara
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Default RE: Wooden playsets -- Woodland Fantasies

Do you recall what the shipping cost was? I know they're oversized and heavy (but I really want the cirus, and Egypt, and the deluxe farm, and, and, and.....)

-Corrie
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Shipping cost is a flat rate by amount of purchase from that seller, so shipping is $9.95 if that's all you get from them.

Hope mine arrives as uneventfully as yours, Tara -- thanks for posting!

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Is this the only one she has-

I can't tell...I forgot which we have but I want the nativty scene one...I have most, they are in a trunk for I think only Reichen should really play with it right now, I might take one out and see if I cange my mind.

I LOVE LOVE MINE!!!!
    Glad you foun this, if I don't have the circus (which I probably do) I will order it...glad you got the Delux it has more in it!!!!

Neve
    Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The amazon circus set seems to be sold out now.

I found the pirate set here:

http://tinyurl.com/686dc

and I ordered it, even though it's pricey, because it's the only other set I really want.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

sarasprings Guest

What age are you letting your DCs play with this? I have the jungle and the pieces seem relatively delicate. Thanks.

My DD will be 2 at the end of the month. The jungle set is her favorite and she plays with it every day. We've had it about 2 months now and the size hasn't been a problem. She doesn't mouth things though so I tend not to worry about her choking on things.

Neve-
    After reading your post from a year+ ago this past November, I called the CS rep at Maxim (the manufacturer) and learned that they had discontinued the line completely. She kindly sent me a spreadsheet of the stores who had ordered from them by type of set. I'd be happy to send it along if you're looking specifically for the Nativity set, and you could maybe find a store somewhere that still has the Natvitiy set. I also then called literally every KB toy outlet in the country. It was a huge hassle and they were not always the best people to deal with, but I got my hands on as many sets as I could (and cried as sets that were to be sent to me *woops* were sold while they were looking for shipping boxes, or getting back to me with a shipping quote, or some even after I had already paid for them). I'm so happy for the sets that I do have, but there are a couple (circus and egypt most of all; farm and ice & snow a close second) that I would LOVE to find as Deluxes at an affordable price with affordable shipping, but I think it's a pipe dream at this point.

-Corrie
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

There are several of the ice & snow sets on eBay (I searched for Woodland Fantasies). I don't know what you consider reasonable on the pricing for these, but the ones on eBay are $35 with shipping $8.60.

Default Update: I ordered Tuesday, and it arrived today!

Wow, that was fast! Haven't opened it yet, so I'll post again then... but wow. Unexpectedly fast shipping.

I have been looking forever for the Nativity Set. I would love to have your list if you still have it. Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast